Quandary Canyon w/ Ramp Canyon Exit

Blake Merrell

Life Elevated - Rising Higher

I did it! I finally escaped a keeper pothole all my by self! (well almost, Josh threw the potshots haha).

Ever since my trip through Quandary canyon last year, I have wanted to go back and lead a group of my own through that beautiful canyon. My first trip was wonderful, but I didn't get the chance to actually get out of the pothole myself. I wanted that chance! Early on, I called dibs on getting out of the keeper!

It was great getting out with friends (some old, and some new). I Love the time I get to spend with people in the canyons. In the wilderness people are generally more kind, more forgiving, more helpful, more fun!

We had a early morning start. Everyone meet in Spanish Fork around 4AM. 3.5 hours later we arrived at the trailhead for Quandary. It was a great ride, quicker than expected. Cannon and I had a good vent session about BSA canyoneering and climbing policy. That conversation always keeps my mind running at 100 mph! (ugh... so messed up. Anyway....) Before we knew it we were at the beginning of the canyon.

Full TR can be found HERE

Sweet report. I will be doing Quandary and Knotted Rope next weekend. I am thinking there will be very little water in the potholes by then. Should be good practice! :twothumbs:

Knotted rope is so pretty! Love all of that country up there. Have a great time! The Potholes are super fun!

Back