Post photos to our wall, get a free shirt

Nick

-
There are some pretty spectacular photographers that frequent backcountrypost and the rest of us get a pretty good shot now and then too. ;) It's one of the things I love the most about backcountrypost and what attracts a lot of people and helps the community grow.

So we're going to start giving you free stuff for sharing your awesome photos. Just post your best shots on the backcountrypost facebook wall, and each month, we'll pick our favorite and give the photographer a free backcountrypost hiking shirt and sticker pack. Easy!

fb.com/backcountrypost

I think it would be cool for you to select a theme for the month and see what kind of cool things people came up with. :)

I think it would be cool for you to select a theme for the month and see what kind of cool things people came up with. :)

That's actually something we were thinking about. I figured we'd start it out wide open and then see how it comes together but I'm pretty sure that's going to happen.

Wouldn't have to be every month. It will be cool to see what all the creative people come up with.

Is this a site admins pick the fave or do you want community involvement?

Is this a site admins pick the fave or do you want community involvement?

Probably just an admin pick kind of thing. Or perhaps admin will pick weekly winners and then put the monthly up to a member vote or something. Not totally sure to be honest. Kind of depends on what kind of response we get.

Many of us have huge back catalogs of pictures, had you thought about limiting it to new pictures only (3 months say), would have to be on the honour system but all of us are honourable persons aren't we?

Many of us have huge back catalogs of pictures, had you thought about limiting it to new pictures only (3 months say), would have to be on the honour system but all of us are honourable persons aren't we?

That seems like a good honor policy. Let's go with that. In fact, let's generally try to keep the photos to within the last 4-6 weeks.

I gave it a try. I usually never post on Facebook (I rarely have an active account). I think prior to this I only posted one picture in my lifetime.

First weekly winner for August will get picked this week... get your photos in! I'm thinking we'll pick 4 weekly shots and then put them up to a vote at the end of each month and let you guys decide who wins.

Back