Moab Base Jumping Accident - The Aftermath

Nick

-
WARNING
This video is EXTREMELY GRAPHIC.
Don't watch it if you can't handle bones sticking out of legs and lots of blood. There are also a few f-bombs in there although they are eerily calm.

Now with that said, this video just blew my mind. This guy Ammon McNeely filmed it right after a base jumping accident in Moab. Word is that they were able to save his leg.

I can't believe how collected he was. If that happened to my leg I would probably throw up then pass out. I'm glad they were able to save his leg.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I was the first to report this locally in SLC (aired on KSL radio Wednesday morning). I chatted with one of McNeely's friends in Moab. Nuts that he applied his own tourniquet. She says he really is that tough.

Incredibly cool and collected guy, best wishes to him! Does anyone know where this happened? Looks like somewhere along Highway 279?

Good guess! A little detective work on Google puts the location here, not far out of Moab along Kane Creek Boulevard.

kane2.jpg

Notice the rock formations on the top of the cliff, same as in your screen grab;

kane1.jpg

And here's the view back across the river from 279, showing where he jumped from;

kane3.jpg

Not that it really matters, but i'm a geek for these kinda things :cool:

Back