Mirror Lake Highway Day Hike Suggestions

Perry

Formerly Cuberant
Weather is looking good on Saturday and the UDOT Bald Mountain Pass cam looks like the snow is not too bad so I might try another day hike. Looking for suggestions for a less-than-ten mile hike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That leaves basically every option on the Mirror Lake Highway! This time of year, go for the stuff you'd never want to do when it's crawling with boy scouts. Or better yet, go get some red sand in your teeth and soak in the warm fall temps and yellow cottonwoods on the Colorado Plateau! ;)

Thinking about trying for Amethyst Basin. I've been into Ryder before but that's too long for a day trip. I may hit too much snow to get all the way but would like to try for it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thinking about trying for Amethyst Basin. I've been into Ryder before but that's too long for a day trip. I may hit too much snow to get all the way but would like to try for it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Amethyst will be more than 10 miles roundtrip, around 12, but totally doable as a day trip.

Amethyst will be more than 10 miles roundtrip, around 12, but totally doable as a day trip.

I just created a route for my InReach and it came out to 5.84 miles each way so you're spot on. I think this old guy can do it :)

Back