Looking for a place to take a photograph from the top of the Vermillion Cliffs

Laura

freespirittraveler
Anyone know any access from Cliff Dwellers or thereabouts (Alt 89)? The Spencer Trail looked promising until I read that it's so difficult it shouldn't be done in summer or by anyone fearful of heights (other than that it looked perfect). I was hoping for a place I could access in late afternoon/early evening for sunset light, which probably rules out a trail with drop-offs since I might be hiking back in the dark. Any suggestions?

Anyone know any access from Cliff Dwellers or thereabouts (Alt 89)? The Spencer Trail looked promising until I read that it's so difficult it shouldn't be done in summer or by anyone fearful of heights (other than that it looked perfect). I was hoping for a place I could access in late afternoon/early evening for sunset light, which probably rules out a trail with drop-offs since I might be hiking back in the dark. Any suggestions?

Short version.
Spencer Trail has great views. Use light pack and stay over night there.
Other options are the 4WD routes on the plateau. From there you'll have spectacular views to Paria River Gorge, House Rock Valley, etc. A friend of mine has taken some of these routes.

Gesendet von meinem ViperXed HOX+ mit Tapatalk 2

Short version.
Spencer Trail has great views. Use light pack and stay over night there.

Hmmm, I never thought of camping there but I'm liking the idea......

...have fun, Laura! :)

Back