La Verkin Creek to Kolob Reservoir

Nick

-
A coworker was asking me this morning about whether there was a route to get from the Kolob District of Zion up to Kolob Reservoir as a backpacking trip. It looks like the trail up through La Verkin Creek and Willis Creek goes all the way but if I remember right it's closed because of private property or something? Anyone ever checked it out or know anything about it or any other possible routes?

Ya Willis creek goes all the way up. You do need a property pass. The owner is typically pretty giving if you sound legit. I can try to get his number but you need to actually stop by his house in st George to GEt a physical trespass pass ( I think that's even what he called it) so kind of a pain!

Ya Willis creek goes all the way up. You do need a property pass. The owner is typically pretty giving if you sound legit. I can try to get his number but you need to actually stop by his house in st George to GEt a physical trespass pass ( I think that's even what he called it) so kind of a pain!

Any idea who the owner is ?

It was a spilsbury I think. I have a number buried somewhere in hiking related papers and books I have accrued over the years somewhere

Back