High Sierra Trail to Mt Whitney through hike

Mike Jones

I finally finished my trip report for the High Sierra Trail to Mt Whitney. I went the first week of June, which is pretty early in the season for this hike. It was both a blessing and a challenge. We had most of the hike to ourselves, we had some amazing campsites all to ourselves. On the flip side we dealt with some dangerous snow conditions, had to improvise with technical trail skills, and navigate by map and compass when the trail would disappear.

Despite all the challenges, this hike was amazing and I love the fact we completed it in early June and had all the challenges we did. I wrote 6 posts detailing each day of the trip, you can read about it in detail here.

Below are my favorite pictures from the trip, I hope you enjoy them!

DSC02466.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

DSC02569.jpg

DSC02592.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02643.jpg

DSC02679.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

DSC02725.jpg

DSC02738.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02810.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

DSC02873.jpg

DSC02915.jpg

DSC02940-1.jpg

Very nice Mike. I will go read the details on the other site. Great shots. I especially like the cloud shot. The Range of Light !

Very nice Mike. I will go read the details on the other site. Great shots. I especially like the cloud shot. The Range of Light !

Thanks that means a lot, photography is something I am just starting to really take seriously lately. Still have a lot to learn but am getting better each day!

That sunset(?) shot is amazing.

Correct, sunset. This was the night before our Mt Whitney summit. This picture actually has a funny story to go along with it.... I was taking an extended bathroom call when my buddy started yelling for me. I was behind a big rock and had no idea what was going on. He doe not know much about photography and my camera was in manual mode, so he couldn't figure out how to take the picture..... I made it back just in time to catch that photo lol.

Love it!

Back