Help finding a piece of gear

campergf23

Hey guys I hope you can help me out finding a piece of gear. My outdoor ed teacher was showing me. It's a "gaiter" that he has. He didn't know the name, and my Google fu hasn't helped me find it.

The "gaiters" have a sole in them, I think he said it was a vibram sole, and you would put them over your normal hiking boots or running shoes, and they would turn them into winter boots. They're insulated and made of gortex, and they do up with Velcro. They had a black runner sole part and a tan/od greenish. He said he's had them for 10ish years, so I would assume they're fairly good quality. He also said that they where about $100 but he didn't know where he got them.

I know this is a bit of a long shot but I'm hoping someone could tell me, or give me a good idea of what they could be.

Thanks in advance for any replies, I will see him again next Wednesday so I could just wait until then, but it was bothering me, and I wanted to know what they where.

Thanks again!

If I find anything else I'll post back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rembered, I'm pretty sure the company started with an E

I don't know what they are, but they sound awesome! I'd love to get something like that.

That's what I would guess. Had them when I delivered mail. They will fit over shoes, boots. Only problem they turned my size 9 foot into a size 11......bigfoot. Worked pretty good though.

Okay, next question...
For a size 12 shoe, xxl which says 13-14.5 or xxxl which is 15-16.5

Would the xxxl be way to big? I think the xxl would be the best?

Maybe just some sorrels or other insulated 'hunting type' boots....
Mine were 2 sizes bigger. But if you wear thinner, running type shoes may be able to go less. I went with what the chart told me. If you can go somewhere to try them on before hand would be better.

Back