Hello from a newbie to the Lander, WY area

I recently moved back to WY from Seattle and just discovered this forum while looking for info on hiking the Winds near Lander. Looks like I'll find some great info and am looking forward to becoming part of the BCP community! If anyone has advice specific to my area, please feel free to offer. Stoked to explore this gorgeous corner of the world! :D

Hey dreamless... If you mean the Lander area, can't say as I can help much. But, on the Wind Rivers this site is pretty much covered with trip reports and trail guides for the Wind Rivers. Find 'em :) and then ask specific questions.

Welcome to BCP.

Welcome Dreamless! You've moved to a pretty special part of the world!

lander. a choice position to be in. wind river range (east side) and the absaroka range. nothing like being away for a few years to really develop a deeper appreciation/love for the geography you grew up in.

the well of knowledge for the wind river range runs deep here at BCP.

were you able to get out and explore much during your stay in Seattle?

were you able to get out and explore much during your stay in Seattle?

I spent a lot of time hiking and backpacking in the Cascades. If I could get away, even for an evening, I was out there. Such a gorgeous area and I'm lucky to have experienced even the fraction I did. :D

I spent a lot of time hiking and backpacking in the Cascades. If I could get away, even for an evening, I was out there. Such a gorgeous area and I'm lucky to have experienced even the fraction I did. :D
I'd LOVE to see of trip reports of the Cascades!!!

Back