Greetings from Missouri! What are your favorite Hikes in the Sawtooths?

DCastle

Hi! We are planning a 3 night 4 day backpacking trip to the Sawtooths in August. Would love input on some good route recommendations. We are fairly new to backpacking but have some experience, but going with another couple that has never been before. Had thought about doing Redfish to Iron creek with stops at Barron and Sawtooth. Would love a route that is a little less traveled. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We are so looking forward to getting on the trail again!

Assuming you're wanting to stay on-trail with beginners, with 4 days I'd go Redfish > Cramer Lakes > Edna > Toxaway > Alice > Pettit.
You won't have solitude but it's beautiful country.
For trails that are truly less traveled, look at the the Queens River / Little Queens river trails that start near the little town of Atlanta.

Assuming you're wanting to stay on-trail with beginners, with 4 days I'd go Redfish > Cramer Lakes > Edna > Toxaway > Alice > Pettit.
You won't have solitude but it's beautiful country.
For trails that are truly less traveled, look at the the Queens River / Little Queens river trails that start near the little town of Atlanta.

Thank you for your recommendations!

Have you finalized your route yet? What are your dates? I will be there on 11 AUG and am looking for a car shuttle swap. I will be starting at Pettit so I could shuttle your car to Pettit so it would be there when you finish... Let me know if that fits your schedule.

Have you finalized your route yet? What are your dates? I will be there on 11 AUG and am looking for a car shuttle swap. I will be starting at Pettit so I could shuttle your car to Pettit so it would be there when you finish... Let me know if that fits your schedule.

Sorry, just saw this. Would have loved for this to work out, but we are going August 25, so that won't help you. We are going from Redfish to Pettit. If you find transportation that you recommend for us later this month, would love to hear it. Hope you have a great trip!

Back