Greater Canyonlands National Monument

Dave

Broadcaster, formerly "ashergrey"
The Outdoor Industry Association plans to ask President Obama to declare a Greater Canyonlands National Monument. Here's the press release teaser:

On Tuesday, November 13th, the Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) and more than 100 outdoor recreation related businesses will send a letter to President Obama urging him to protect Greater Canyonlands, the 1.4 million acre region of publicly-owned wildlands surrounding Canyonlands National Park in southern Utah as a national monument.

A public conference call will provide additional information.

When: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 from 11-11:30 am MT (1-1:30 pm ET)

Who: Peter Metcalf, CEO and President, Black Diamond Equipment, Salt Lake City, UT.

Craig Mackey, Director of Recreation Policy, OIA, Boulder, CO.

Ashley Korenblat, President, Western Spirit Cycling, Moab, UT.

To read the full text of the letter from OIA to President Obama and to view a full list of signatories, visit: http://www.pitchengine.com/blackdia...roclaim-greater-canyonlands-national-monument

I just read through the article on paper. I wish it listed a few more specifics, what kind of drilling there is going to be, what jeep use if "rampant" how long the supplies they are drilling/mining will last etc.

Either way, I'm for it, but in order to convince the public that it's a good idea, we need to be able to explain the long term growth from the outdoor visiters, vs the short term growth found by drilling/mining.

Back