Fat Man's Misery (5.2012)

Howells Outdoors

Adventure is my middle name...actually it's Keith.
I keep seeing videos and trip reports of Fat Man's so I figure I'd post my trip report of the canyons.
Myself and the two other guides at Seldom Seen Adventures took off to enjoy Fat Man's since none of us had done it. Turns out mother Nature wants me to loose some weight. About 2 miles from the car I strained a ligament in my foot and was in misery for a week after!

I love the slot of Fat Man's because of the twists and drops and arches it has in it. Each corner offered a new site.
Loved the canyon and especially loved Parunaweep down below. The river was blast to float through, luckily we didn't float off the edge of Labyrinth Falls.
I really loved this canyon because I was at the time reading all the books and info I could find on John Wesley Powell in the area. His account of going through Parunaweep is AWESOME!!!

well like i said...my shoes weren't very good, old worn out high-tecs, so I came out with a messed up foot. possibly the combination of no support whatsoever and jumping around.

Back