Canyonlands: The Maze, Spring 2011

What are your thoughts on undertaking a trip to maze through tour companies (Tag a Long, NavTec)?

What are your thoughts on undertaking a trip to maze through tour companies (Tag a Long, NavTec)?

If you can afford it, it seems like a good way to go. But I don't really know the details. The planning for my Maze trip was probably the most complex for any trip I've ever been on. And driving out through Teapot Canyon is really difficult. I don't plan on repeating that part in the near future.

How much do the guides want to take you out?

Nick: thanks for the great post and pics. I am checking out the idea of getting into the maze by a shuttle boat service for next Spring.

I would like ask you a few questions. Last time I was there we drove down the Golden stairs. I would like to try to avoid using vehicles this time if possible.

Hi Nick,
you wrote : " it took another 90 minutes or so of driving on the fast, smooth roads north of Hite before we were back to pavement on Highway 95".
Can I conclude that the track is not too difficult (90 minutes and 32 ml) and feasible with an HC SUV. I have planned for next Year (June 2015) starting Hite, drive north up to the foot of the laces of the Flint Trail and back with a camp at Canyon Cove. I've driven on many tracks but never very difficult.
Thank you for your opinion.
Best regards.

Hi Nick,
you wrote : " it took another 90 minutes or so of driving on the fast, smooth roads north of Hite before we were back to pavement on Highway 95".
Can I conclude that the track is not too difficult (90 minutes and 32 ml) and feasible with an HC SUV. I have planned for next Year (June 2015) starting Hite, drive north up to the foot of the laces of the Flint Trail and back with a camp at Canyon Cove. I've driven on many tracks but never very difficult.
Thank you for your opinion.
Best regards.

Hi Nick,
thank you for your reply. I actually intend, before leaving Hite, to seek the advice of rangers about the track and the weather.
But it's for the next year ;).

Best regards.

Drive from hite is usually quite smooth....weather in the spring can cause trouble however...I think one has to have the right mindset and time to drive and enjoy it! If u r pressed for time, then the drive in there seems rushed...a pain...

Btw...the area of waterhole flat is great....right before teapot rock. Worth exploring....

Have fun!

This brings back 39 years of canyon country memories. The Maze is my favorite destination. Hope to get there this Ausust.

Back