Canyoneering in Heaven.... eh, I mean Eagle Creek!

Blake Merrell

Life Elevated - Rising Higher
Heart: Is this place for real? Am I in Heaven?
Mind: No. this is just Oregon. Eagle Creek Canyon if you wanna get technical. ...
Heart: Oh. well it feels like I am in heaven!

I am anxiously waiting for the time I get to go back and visit this amazing place! Eagle Creek Canyon in the Columbia river gorge is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. My experience in the Columbia River Gorge reminds me of some of my favorite places in Maui, Philippines, and Italy!

I love swimming, I love hiking, and backpacking, I love rappelling, and I love to admire beautiful canyon walls and majestic waterfalls. Eagle Creek had it all! The water was clear and deep. The waterfalls were gorgeous. I was in heaven.

This canyon was our adventure for day two of our Canyoneering trip to the Columbia River Gorge. This was the Main Event!

The trip started off with a wonderful 3.5 mile hike to Skoonichuk Falls. The rest rest of the day was a romp of amazingness!

Full TR can be found HERE

Featured image for home page:
slide.jpg

You're a man after my own heart. Heaven can be found on this earth. You usually just have to work real hard to find it. Awesome!

Man, that looks like an awesome adventure! Thanks for sharing those amazing pics, I can feel the water now as I sit here. :D

Amazing! And it looks like you had the place to mostly to yourselves. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
thanks all :)

It seems like we had it all to ourselves, but really we got passed up by a group of 10 other canyoneers (we knew we were going to be in the canyon with each other beforehand), and there were plenty of hikers on the trail and at the popular swim holes. It was awesome to get away from all of that though and see some sections of canyons that many don't get to see. Metlako Falls was amazing and it was incredible that we had that place all to ourselves, while 100's of others played in a pool just above it.

Back