BSA High Adventure 2015 - Day 2 - Kayaking the Green River

Blake Merrell

Life Elevated - Rising Higher
What a ride! I think this day was the deemed "the best" by most that participated in the week long camp. The float was fast, fun, and pretty wild at times!

Camping on the river was nice. Unlike the rest of our evenings, this night was super warm! Come morning, we were all ready for the water.

This was my first time ever floating in an inflatable kayak. Josh and I were the first to get in the water. we were told to lead the group and make sure that everything was safe. well... that lasted about 2 minutes and then we were out and about jumping peoples kayaks and making sure no one stayed dry. Bahahahaha! Later that evening, Josh and I were dubbed the "devil" as one of the kids gave a devotional thought about the need to stay in the boat in the middle of the river where the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Church will safely carry you through this lifes crazy times - Just remember to be prepared for the devil. He is sneaky and will do all he can to dump you from the boat! ;)

Full TR can be found here

that's a HUGE group!
what permits did you need to get for that trip?

that's a HUGE group!
what permits did you need to get for that trip?
yeah! Tell me about it haha :)

I am not aware of private groups needing a permit for this section of river. Nothing I found suggested that we did, so we didn't pursue obtaining one. (not sure how official this is, but THIS document by DiscoverMoab.com suggests that no permits are required for this section of river.

Last edited:
Nice vid. It was pretty tame in the beginning and I was waiting to see you torment the kids... then the video delivered nicely :lol:

Back