Boot upper repair

CloakedInSmoke

Hi all,
The upper by the lace loop is being slowly cut through.
I'm not sure if there's a specific thread for this kind of questions, but I'd like to ask if someone can point me or advice on how to fix this problem.

An idea came to me that I could use Aqua Seal... maybe.

I hope you can see the problem on the picture.
42092608219b44023730aba7fe446588.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

If the issue is load bearing like the lace loops I’m not sure what you can do about it. The aqua seal might help a little but if you plan on your boots lasting a very long time you may want full grain leather. Sorry, it looks like they are on the their way to be with Jesus.

Hi all,
The upper by the lace loop is being slowly cut through.
I'm not sure if there's a specific thread for this kind of questions, but I'd like to ask if someone can point me or advice on how to fix this problem.

An idea came to me that I could use Aqua Seal... maybe.

I hope you can see the problem on the picture.
42092608219b44023730aba7fe446588.jpg

It sure seems like a design flaw or error in manufacture. How old are they? I’d return them.

It sure seems like a design flaw or error in manufacture. How old are they? I’d return them.
They are a couple years old. Metal eyelets rubbed through the material. They are still strong, but the waterproofing has potentially been compromised. Should I bother contacting Asolo about this issue? Other than that I like those boots, but they are no longer suitable for backpacking. It's hard to tell when they fail.

They are a couple years old. Metal eyelets rubbed through the material. They are still strong, but the waterproofing has potentially been compromised. Should I bother contacting Asolo about this issue? Other than that I like those boots, but they are no longer suitable for backpacking. It's hard to tell when they fail.

Can’t hurt. I’m assuming you paid a decent amount for them. It’s in their interest to keep you buying their product.

I wish I got a couple years out of boots! I'm lucky if I get six months....usually 3-4 months.
Same here at 270 lbs I expect failure sooner than others. My wife has boots that are 10 years old and look barely worn.

If you are only worried about waterproofing the black fabric tenacious tape (or any gear tape) on the inside with shoe goo or seam seal to help it stay in place would work. fill them with water to spot any other areas that need it as well.

Last edited:
Back