Bear Ears NM officially in transition?

WasatchWill

Ready For More
I've just noticed that a number of the BLM-Monticello links concerning Grand Gulch and the greater Cedar Mesa area, permits, usage stipulations, etc are all now dead, for example:

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/mont...and_gulch_and_cedar.html#sthash.H8v1SwCT.dpuf

https://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/mon...s/cedar_mesa/cedar_mesa_information.html#Wild

These were a couple I had bookmarked in the past and even had linked up on my blog that I'm now going to have to edit. Unfortunately, a google search doesn't turn up any new links or sources to get permit info, etc. I'm guessing this all has to do with the transition into a new national monument?

This doesn't mean everything is off limits until the new commission has finalized the new travel plan for the area and such does it? I was under the understanding that the BLM would still have a big part in the management and maintenance of the area as they still do with GSENM. Either way, I would have assumed and still assume that despite the BLM Cedar Mesa pages being down now, that the same rules and regulations still apply for the time being, until any changes to the previous roads, rules and regulations are made official, correct?

Yeah, the BLM Utah site was completely revamped and "updated" about a month or so ago, and now it lacks almost all of the useful information it used to have. But at least it looks nice and snazzy. ;)

Management is status quo until the new management plan is finalized, which could take a few years.

I'm pretty sure the new site doesn't have anything to do with Bears Ears. It happened late last year and would have been in the works for a long time prior to that.

Yeah, the BLM Utah site was completely revamped and "updated" about a month or so ago, and now it lacks almost all of the useful information it used to have. But at least it looks nice and snazzy. ;)

This. Unfortunately the trend these days is toward a slick presentation rather than ease of use. See it all the time in my line of work (college teacher).

I would assume that Grand Gulch would remain a Primitive Area inside the new Monument?

Back