Resource icon

backpacking chicken noodle soup

Ben

ben cowan submitted a new resource:

chicken noodle soup - i like simple meals

at home, i boil chicken, then shredded it, then dehydrate it. it works best this way.

backpacking, i boil the chicken first. once it's soft , or close to soft, i add a package of ramen noodles, the accompanying sauce packet, and a little bit of dehydrated soup vegetables available from Winco's bulk food section. pretty tasty.

Read more about this resource...

clearly I need to come up to speed in the walkabout grocery department! In my heyday we all thought top ramen and dry salami was as good as it got! freezedried & dehydrated wonders were priced for the astronauts.... heavy perishables were consumed in the early part of the trek, jerkey was a staple, with a can o spam secreted away for the day no one could endure another Ramen meal! chuckle.... Id like to see more stuff like this.... are you all dehydrating your own at home mow days? I can feel my D3 getting lighter already!

Reactions: Ben
i started out just dehydrating in the oven, but now my dad has a nice dehydrator that i take advantage of. winco's bulk section has quite possibly a literal ton of lightweight non perishable options. what i can't get there i dehydrate my self.

i started out just dehydrating in the oven, but now my dad has a nice dehydrator that i take advantage of. winco's bulk section has quite possibly a literal ton of lightweight non perishable options. what i can't get there i dehydrate my self.
looks like a fact finding trip to winco is in order!

Reactions: Ben
Back