backpack quantity contest

gloo

{insert witty remark here}
I'm *trying* to organize/clean my outdoor gear and I just happened to notice...I've got a lot of backpacks. I thought to myself...I bet others on BCPers will have even more than me. And thus an ideas was born.

Lets see who has the most packs.

I'll start

mail

In the picture I've got 11. I'm also missing 3 more (possibly more but 3 is all I can think of off the top of my head) that are not too frequently used.

1. imlay large silo
2. dakine sequence
3. osprey kestrel 38
4. Bd stubby haul
5. osprey quantum
6. arcteryx axios 50
7. clik elite probody sport
8. no name backpack for climbing gear
9. camelbak, not sure exact name
10. nalgene sprint
11. outdoor brand pack
not pictured
12. camelbak mule
13. another nalgene sprint (much older though)
14. kelty external frame pack

Total: 14 packs.

your turn, go!

hmm let me think 17+ off the top of my head, I don't want to drag them all out to photog them
---------
Gregory palisades
Gregory Shasta
Gregory Shasta Womens
Redhead cheap thing
Uphill down day pack
the one that smells like a skunk that I use for canyons (Cerro Torre)
Gregory z25
Gregory z35
Gregory arriba (sp)
2 outdoor products camel back things
2 mil spec camelback pack things
old school rucksack
2 Tamrack camera backpack
Heavy military pack
I know there are a couple more floating around here including my DIY pack that sucks but I can't throw it away as I am obviously a packract...

Damn! 14 and 17!!!

I got two backpacking packs and three day packs. I only started five years ago though so one per year is my average!

Hahahaha! And I thought I was the only person that loved packs! I'm usually able to talk myself out of getting a new one though. But I'm due for adding to the collection. Any recommendations on internal frame packs with 5500+ cubic inches of space?

haha, gloo and DOSS, you are my gear-whore heros

...and my wife thinks i have too many coming in at a paltry 5.

for those keeping score -

rei flash 18 - multi-use pack
rei xt 85 - the family-man backpacking workhorse
dakine Heli Pro - ski touring pack
cold cold world cherynobl - ice climbing pack
cold cold world chaos - former technical alpine (multi-day) climbing pack cum utility sack

borrowed pack: 1
wife's camelbak - longer trail runs / peak bagging

however,

On order: 1
cold cold world ozone - crags and canyons pack

On the hunt: 1
??? - (semi) fast-packing backpack for the quick get away (sans kids) - suggestions welcomed

Others:
numerous dry bags / packs for canoe tripping.

for some reason, applying the need-for-more-womens-shoes logic(?) does not apply to men and backpacks (read: Gear). [edited]

I guess if we are counting school packs and laptop bags (this could get tedious)... I also forgot my Kelty daypack :help:

Wonder if we should do this for camp/backpacking stoves too...

I guess if we are counting school packs and laptop bags (this could get tedious)... I also forgot my Kelty daypack :help:

haha very tedious! that would add in countless more carrying devices for me that's for sure.

Wonder if we should do this for camp/backpacking stoves too...

that could be interesting..Maybe we just need a whole gear whore contest..

glad I'm not the only backpack whore around though. Cool think, I'd say 9 of the 14 get used at least somewhat regularly. Doss seriously well done, 17 is a ton.

glad I'm not the only backpack whore around though. Cool think, I'd say 9 of the 14 get used at least somewhat regularly. Doss seriously well done, 17 is a ton.
Thanks, it has taken a long time to accumulate all of these :).. I think there is only 1 that hasn't been used in the last year (the redhead tis my loaner heavy load pack). I find it hard to get rid of them the older they get, they have so many memories in them.

Gear Whore contest could be scary actually, I would have to throw in climbing equipment, caving equipment, cycling equipment (at least 8 bikes around here right now), I have at least 8 different alcohol stoves, sleeping bags, pads, scuba stuff... hmmm this may actually be a sickness :help:

Back