2016 Retrospective Video

Deleted User

Deleted User
Another year has come and gone. 2016 was full of adventure from touring the Wasatch on the splitboard, riding Solitude on the snowboard, to backpacking and hiking the Wasatch and the Uintas. There was plenty of fun to be had in the mountains here in Utah over the past 365 days. From long days on trail, camp fires, star trails, sunsets, fall colors, to deep powder runs in the backcountry, life had plenty to offer. Full tally for the year 2016: 40 days snowboarding and splitboarding, 50 days hiking and backpacking, 22 nights camping in the backcountry, and 160 miles of travel by foot both winter and summer. Memories that will last a lifetime! This video below encompasses my entire year for 2016 in the mountains of Utah. Grab a snack and your favorite beverage and enjoy this 15 minute video tribute to the passing year. What will 2017 bring? Stay tuned......

Thanks for sharing that. I do not do winter sports much anymore beyond snowshoeing, but I remember my days as a boy on my Snurfer scaring the !@#$ out of downhill skiers. Splitboarding seems like a real hoot but so does the AT setup. Just too old.

Not being one that lives for winter any more your exquisite warmer season photography truly moved me. You go to some wonderful places, but you have a good eye. I'm just a pointandshootaramus so I'm always happy to share great places for people to shoot. So just let me know if you ever want to come up for some of the lesser known treasures on the southern half of the GYE, I'm fat and old and would likely just give you info/pics, but if you slow down I can always carry lenses and other stuff. All I'd ask is a first edition of your pulitzer.

Thanks again. May you have an even more magical trip around the sun,

John

Thanks for sharing that. I do not do winter sports much anymore beyond snowshoeing, but I remember my days as a boy on my Snurfer scaring the !@#$ out of downhill skiers. Splitboarding seems like a real hoot but so does the AT setup. Just too old.

Not being one that lives for winter any more your exquisite warmer season photography truly moved me. You go to some wonderful places, but you have a good eye. I'm just a pointandshootaramus so I'm always happy to share great places for people to shoot. So just let me know if you ever want to come up for some of the lesser known treasures on the southern half of the GYE, I'm fat and old and would likely just give you info/pics, but if you slow down I can always carry lenses and other stuff. All I'd ask is a first edition of your pulitzer.

Thanks again. May you have an even more magical trip around the sun,

John

Thank you John! Splitboarding keeps me in shape for backpacking. Plus it is a lot of fun. More work than the resort with terrain evaluation and avalanche avoidance, but worth it when you get it just right.

Thank you for the offer on the locations to shoot. I would love to have some new eye candy to play with. I will keep that on the radar.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Back