Album Wildlife

On my way to work in the park, this beautiful Jackson's chameleon crossed the road in front t of me.
Even though they are introduced, I like these guys a lot.

jackson%20chameleon%202%20copy-XL.jpg

No over by Parker peak

Some more migrating birds
Eagles seem to follow the Snow GeeseP3020058-Enhanced-NR.jpg
P3020365-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Some Mallards. In the second photo there is a Northern Pintail (bird with a vertical white stripe on its neck) hanging out with the Mallards. The Pintail is a new bird to me.
P2230015-Enhanced-NR.jpgP2240213-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Common Mergansers. Not so common to me. I have never seen them before. Below them are Greater White-fronted Geese. Another bird I have never seen before. These winter along the Gulf Coast and they migrate to the high arctic for the summer. I watched flight after flight of these go overhead for more than an hour.
P3020115-Enhanced-NR.jpgP3020279.jpg

Last edited:
Some more migrating birds
Eagles seem to follow the Snow GeeseView attachment 129925
View attachment 129928

Some Mallards. In the second photo there is a Northern Pintail (bird with a vertical white stripe on its neck) hanging out with the Mallards. The Pintail is a new bird to me.
View attachment 129923View attachment 129924

Common Mergansers. Not so common to me. I have never seen them before. Below them are Greater White-fronted Geese. Another bird I have never seen before. These winter along the Gulf Coast and they migrate to the high arctic for the summer. I watched flight after flight of these go overhead for more than an hour.
View attachment 129926View attachment 129927
Wonderful photos!

Great photos @Curt and good to see you make an appearance on the forum! Hope you've been doing well.

Great photos @Curt and good to see you make an appearance on the forum! Hope you've been doing well.
All in all I've been doing well. My wife has been dealing with some health issues but I guess that's part of the process when you've reached senior citizen status. Both of us have lost a parent during the last couple years too. I've made a few car camping type trips since Covid and have thought about putting together some trip reports to post here but never got around to it. Maybe I'll still do that yet.

A few snow geese also. Mostly sandhill cranes, Canada and white-fronted geese flying over the house.

All in all I've been doing well. My wife has been dealing with some health issues but I guess that's part of the process when you've reached senior citizen status. Both of us have lost a parent during the last couple years too. I've made a few car camping type trips since Covid and have thought about putting together some trip reports to post here but never got around to it. Maybe I'll still do that yet.
Sorry to hear that Curt. Sorry. Has been busy for me with similar parental issues. Time to get back on the horse (trail) for me too :)

Mmm m bacon