Whats3words coordinate system

Mike Jones

Anyone on here ever check out Whats3words? Its apparently a new coordinate system to give any place on earth a 3 word address. I am pretty intrigued an may try to incorporate what3words addresses into my blog posts about campint to share trail heads, camping sites, photo spots etc.

Curious what all your thoughts are on the system? I have been playing around with it on my phone for the last few hours and thought you guys may be interested. Could be helpful on here to share campsites etc. or for organizing group trips.

Hah, I kind of like it! I was skeptical until the video said the words had been translated into other languages. Now to figure out which of the 125 combinations I'd like to use for my home address. :roflmao:

So...not a huge fan of digs.young.tight.

How about:
talked.blank.wash (a lot of my hikes go this way)
stops.plants.forest (depending on comma placement, this could be good or bad)
chin.pills.exist (they do)
begin.arch.varieties (/end)
shorts.hike.bigger (they do)
values.menu.begin (I'll have a vegan chicken sandwich, please)

So...not a huge fan of digs.young.tight.

How about:
talked.blank.wash (a lot of my hikes go this way)
stops.plants.forest (depending on comma placement, this could be good or bad)
chin.pills.exist (they do)
begin.arch.varieties (/end)
shorts.hike.bigger (they do)
values.menu.begin (I'll have a vegan chicken sandwich, please)

There are def some odd combinations but I do believe it still is a quick way to share a location without having to remember a string of numbers. But I agree there are some pretty funny ones. Are those all made up or did you actually find all those?

This is fun. It's kept me and the kids entertained for 30 minutes now and counting...

Ha! At this moment I'm sitting at my computer at flood.oppose.rents

It seems as though there has been some effort put into avoiding a
normal three-word sentence.

I tried several three-word sentences and none of them had a location.

The people on this site might find it interesting that back.pack.mountain
is in Mexico. Sorry, there isn't a back.pack.desert

In fact, it appears as though desert is an unused word.

Anyways, fun to play around with.

There are quite a few that make sense. I found strawberry.fields.forever, grilled.cheese.sandwich, chicken.noodle.soup, and a whole family of deep.fried items. I must be hungry...

There are quite a few that make sense. I found strawberry.fields.forever, grilled.cheese.sandwich, chicken.noodle.soup, and a whole family of deep.fried items. I must be hungry...
Good find. Apparently I was trying
to be smart, when what I needed to be was hungry.