We're moving!

We tied up the loose ends and moved the site to the new server this morning. Some people might still be getting a forum closed page as the servers around the world pickup the changes. Let me know if anyone has any problems or sees anything unusual with the site.

It hasn't even been a month since we moved to the last sever and now we're moving to an even bigger, fancier, and ridiculously more expensive one. It will be happening over the next couple of days and we might have another period where the DNS changes take a while to propagate. We will probably flip the switch late Sunday or Monday which is when the problems would occur. Just like last time, I'll post a link that can get you to the new server if the interwebz are slow to propagate the changes.

Sorry about any problems that might occur, but this should make everything much better in the long run.

We made some changes to our server configuration today that should make it so that the lags in server change to the various DNS servers will not be a problem like last time. We will 'flip the switch' tomorrow night, Monday, March 5th, around 11:30 pm MST. I'll probably switch the forum off before I go to bed at 10:30-11 so if you visit the site late tomorrow night, it may display a message saying the forum is closed for maintenance or something along those lines. By morning, everything should be working great with little to no lag in DNS changes.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience but this new server is going to rock and carry the site well into the future. :D

Well crap. The hosting company made the move 24 hours ahead of time. That means this site is on the new server but there are a few stragglers still hitting the old server. Trying to get it fixed ASAP. If you see this message, you are on the new server and everything is working great.

I am now on the new server yay.... :p

Can't get Tapatalk to work now that the switch has been made. Any reason?

My computer and my phone both work. :twothumbs:

FYI, the new server is rejecting photos from being uploaded. There are several perplexed engineers that are working on getting it fixed. I realize this is one of the most important functions of the site and am very sorry. I can't imagine this won't be fixed by the morning.

And it's fixed! I wouldn't have said anything if I'd thought it would be done that quick. They'd been working on it most of the day.

Back