Vegas Pro 14 Edit on Humble Bundle

Noun Sequitur

My Feet Hurt
Just saw a bundle that includes Vegas Pro Edit 14 (normally $400 apparently). Has anyone used this? What's the learning curve like? Does it have draconian DRM and licensing like other professional software? I've only ever used Windows Movie Maker and I have a ton of fun with it for just making family movies. So I'm thinking for $20 bucks I might enjoy this as well. There is some other photo and music software included.

No experience with it, but for $20...that's either a scam or a really really good deal that you should probably take advantage of if you enjoy any kind of video editing, no matter the learning curve. I use FCPX on a Mac and paid $300 for it years ago, now. They haven't charged a penny for any of the many updates since then. I also use Adobe Premiere Pro CC at work, and have that bundled on my laptop through work as well, but I enjoy FCPX for personal stuff a bit more.

EDIT: Looks like it is certainly no scam. That Humble bundle must be legit. Again...I say go for it if you're looking for any more capability beyond Movie Maker but don't want to spend on the costlier programs or pay month to month for subscription programs like Adobe's Creative Cloud.

Last edited:
Wow, Vegas. Didn't realize it was still around.

There's no draconian DRM around any pro video editing software, not sure what you are concerned about there. If you're thinking physical dongles and the like, those days are long gone.

$20 is a heck of a deal. Not sure on the learning curve, but YouTube can make you a master of anything.

@Wanderlust073 Mostly worried about install limits I guess. i bought PreSonus once upon a time and as I recall they only allowed a limited number of activations. I'm already making plans to replace two computers. I don't mind a restriction to install on only one machine at a time, as long as I can reinstall it on a replacement machine later. Anyway... sounds like at $20 it's kind of a no-brainier regardless.

Don’t know about that. One benefit of macs/apple software - buy once install everywhere (I use final cut like wasatchwill). But yeah twenty bucks....

No experience with it, but for $20...that's either a scam or a really really good deal that you should probably take advantage of if you enjoy any kind of video editing, no matter the learning curve. I use FCPX on a Mac and paid $300 for it years ago, now. They haven't charged a penny for any of the many updates since then. I also use Adobe Premiere Pro CC at work, and have that bundled on my laptop through work as well, but I enjoy FCPX for personal stuff a bit more.

EDIT: Looks like it is certainly no scam. That Humble bundle must be legit. Again...I say go for it if you're looking for any more capability beyond Movie Maker but don't want to spend on the costlier programs or pay month to month for subscription programs like Adobe's Creative Cloud.

Will. Is it worth to invest $ 300 in FCP? My goal is to merge my video clips, year by year, of the past 8 years - Hiking in Utah. Editing of them later maybe in the winter time. On my Mac I’ve iMovie and Adobe Premiere elements 2014. The version of 2018 doesn’t work for me - lots of “media pending”. After hours and hours of talking with Adobe support I kicked that program into the trash bin.
Thanks for help. :)

Gesendet vom iPhone mit Tapatalk