Valley of Fire NV Night Hikes...

I've been to Valley of Fire a handful of times. There are some places in the "Day Use Only Section" that I'd like to photograph at night. I've never seen a park ranger in the five times that I've visited; does anyone know how many park employees are in the park on weeknights during the summer? I'm asking for "safety" reasons ;)

I've been to Valley of Fire a handful of times. There are some places in the "Day Use Only Section" that I'd like to photograph at night. I've never seen a park ranger in the five times that I've visited; does anyone know how many park employees are in the park on weeknights during the summer? I'm asking for "safety" reasons ;)
I've wondered about this also.

I was reading on the official Nevada Parks website that the entire park is "day use" only except for the areas around the campgrounds. I like to respect the rules, but the last time I was there I saw three cars total from about 9:30pm-2:30am on the main road. One car came past while I was doing this shot: http://500px.com/photo/1564931.

I was reading on the official Nevada Parks website that the entire park is "day use" only except for the areas around the campgrounds. I like to respect the rules, but the last time I was there I saw three cars total from about 9:30pm-2:30am on the main road. One car came past while I was doing this shot: http://500px.com/photo/1564931.

Nice shot.. I don't know anything about it but I'd poach it for some night photos. I wonder what the fine could even be?

I'm not a licensed attorney in the state of NV but typically it would have to be a crime in order for there to be a fine for violating the park "rules." In CA, you'll see signs stating that park closed after xx:00pm, CA Code 12345.6789.
I am more concerned that they will see my car parked in the parking lot and assume that I'm injured and in need of a search and rescue party. I guess you could leave a note on your windshield...

Heck ya, just leave a note stating that you went after some night shots. The one backcountry ticket I got was gnarly expensive for having a fire to close to a lake but you never know, they might let you slide.

I'd not really care if the ticket was less than $150 (you burn $20 in gas just getting there plus the $10 fee.)

As I recall the ticket for the fire was $300.00, but it's been a few years

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
WasatchWill A night at Nevada's Valley of Fire State Park Hiking & Camping 7
B March at Valley of Fire other recommendations in the area Trip Planning 7
Miya Snowy Miracle on The Strip, Oh Yeah and Valley of Fire Everything Else 12
stevecochranephotography Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada Hiking & Camping 0
Seldom Seen Anderson Valley of Fire Hiking & Camping 0
pixie1339 Southern Nevada, March 2013, Part One: Valley Of Fire Hiking & Camping 16
Nick Valley of Fire & North Shore Road Trip Planning 7
ROKTAXI Valley Of Fire 8/16/2012 Off Road 3
Yvonne Valley of Fire, Spring Break 2012 Hiking & Camping 9
IntrepidXJ Valley of Fire Hiking & Camping 17
AustinCronnelly Valley of Fire March '12 Hiking & Camping 8
HomerJ Valley of Fire - March 2011 Hiking & Camping 6
Yvonne Valley of Fire - what else? Trip Planning 21
Seldom Seen Anderson Valley of Fire Hiking & Camping 17
regehr kayaking death valley On The Water 1
balzaccom Death Valley in January Hiking & Camping 3
BobFink Mirror Plateau via Pelican Valley and Pelican Creek, July / August 2023 Backpacking 12
Ugly Headless Valley- Film about traveling the Nahanni River General Discussion 5
TractorDoc Cuyahoga Valley National Park (again!) 06/04/2023 Hiking & Camping 6
TractorDoc Cuyahoga Valley National Park 05/28/2023 Hiking & Camping 20
wsp_scott Yosemite Valley 2022 Backpacking 12
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Wrangler Lake, Bog Creek, Joseph's Coat Springs, Broad Creek, Wapiti Lake, Hot Springs Basin, and Pelican Valley. The Second Half. Backpacking 15
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Wrangler Lake, Bog Creek, Joseph's Coat Springs, Broad Creek, Wapiti Lake, Hot Springs Basin, and Pelican Valley. Part One of Two. Backpacking 61
D Onion Valley to Whitney Backpacking 7
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Hayden Valley, Trout Creek, Beach Lake, and Arnica Creek Meadows. September 11, 2022. Hiking & Camping 7
RyanP Goblin Valley SP Expansion General Discussion 3
K Hello from the Salt Lake Valley Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
balzaccom Death Valley again Hiking & Camping 0
T Death valley Trip Planning 3
WasatchWill WRHR: Day 3 - 'Desolation Valley' to Halls Lake Backpacking 15
WasatchWill WRHR: Day 2 - Cirque of the Towers to 'Desolation Valley' Backpacking 28
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Hayden Valley in a Day -- September 17 2021 Hiking & Camping 27
J Death Valley Natl. Pk. Upper Monarch Canyon plus. Dec 1, 2021 Hiking & Camping 1
J Death Valley Natl. Pk. A Black Mtns and Canyons Traverse Nov 30, 2021 Hiking & Camping 2
J Death Valley Natl. Pk. 6 Days hiking. Nov 14-19, 2021 Hiking & Camping 1
scatman Hayden Valley Loop - Yellowstone National Park - September 17, 2021 Hiking & Camping 34
travel2walk Lamar River, Pelican Valley, & Speciman Ridge loop - Yellowstone, Jun 29 to Jul 3, 2021 Backpacking 15
J Death Valley National Park and Area Mountain Rambles Dec. 16-17, 2020 Hiking & Camping 0
J Death Valley Natl. Pk: Funeral Pk, Slit Canyon, and Big Dune. Dec 21-22, 2020 Hiking & Camping 1
J Death Valley NP Black Mountains and beyond Hiking Dec 19-20, 2020 Hiking & Camping 1
Burrito Death Valley van trip turns into something pretty special General Discussion 7
beaver-one Yellowstone advice: Lamar River - Pelican Valley - Mirror Plateau loop this summer Trip Planning 6
TheMountainRabbit Lamar River, Mirror Plateau, and Pelican Valley (Yellowstone NP) - mid-September 2020 Backpacking 28
balzaccom Death Valley again Hiking & Camping 4
Arizona Jones Willow Valley Loop Hike, Arizona Canyoneering 8
Miya Death Valley Birthday - Part 2 (3.7.20-03.8.20) Backpacking 15
A Info on Tehipite Valley Trip Planning 1
Miya Death Valley Birthday - Part 1 (3.5.20-3.6.20) Hiking & Camping 28
Kullaberg63 Pack Creek to Castle Valley - below the rim. Backpacking 0
westy Meadow Valley Mountains Backpacking 7