Under Armour

Meddins

Why don’t I see much under armour on the trail ? It does the same ( moisture wicking ) as other brands do . Out here is so cal I can find UA for cheap at places like Ross and other discount stores .

I wear UA cold gear when I go snowshoeing, actually. Gotta have something that lets all that sweat through so I don't freeze.

I also usually hike and backpack in Nike and Adidas technical type shirts. Whatever I can get cheap that works well. In my opinion, I don't need the expensive stuff from REI when it comes to t-shirts. I'll save the expensive purchases for stuff like packs, sleeping bags, footwear, and tents.

I wear UA cold gear when I go snowshoeing, actually. Gotta have something that lets all that sweat through so I don't freeze.

I also usually hike and backpack in Nike and Adidas technical type shirts. Whatever I can get cheap that works well. In my opinion, I don't need the expensive stuff from REI when it comes to t-shirts. I'll save the expensive purchases for stuff like packs, sleeping bags, footwear, and tents.
Agreed . I didn’t know if there was some unwritten rule about UA . How about long sleeve sun shirts ? Why spend a bunch of money when you can get a fruit of the loom sun shirt for less than $20 with no buttons .

I use non-brand name Under Armour-like long sleeve undershirts and boxer briefs as my first layer both in summer and winter. The Target C9 Champion brand ones have worked great for me and are cheap.

Target C9 Champion brand ones have worked great for me and are cheap.

For backpacking, running, weightlifting - cheap and they last forever. As a bonus, there's no obnoxious logo plastered all over them.

My hiking shirts are generally wicking short sleeve under armor shirts. The current iteration REALLY needs to be trashed, as the back is more holes than fabric. Hoping to get another month out of it

Gotta agree... in summer its pretty much hanes and champion t-shirts. Low cost and work just fine and like Wanderlust said no glaring logos.

Don't know why we don't see more. Price vs performance, I guess.
Part of my backpacking "uniform" for the last 6-7 years has been a regular fit UA t-shirt. It's heaver and doesn't perform as well as the newer ones, but is still like brand new.
Still have and use 2pr of their Boxerjock boxer briefs I bought ~2010, while a couple dozen cheaper ones from brands like Terramar have come and gone(now mostly use Champion C9, as they are excellent and fit me better).
I mostly use Patagonia Capilene for long baselayers, but have one pair of Coldgear bottoms. Heavier than ones of comparable warmth and breathability from Patagonia, but the construction is impeccable.
The quality and durability of all my older UA stuff is as good as anything out there.
Don't know how their newest offerings will fare over time, as the pieces I own from this year are more lightly constructed, and of fabrics that appear less durable, but their performance is outstanding.
Got two of their running Ts, plus a long-sleeve running hoody(intended for use above treeline) from an outlet this spring, and love the tshirts. The hoody is skin tight through the arms, though. UA's clothing is typically made for tall, slender people, and I am neither of those things...
Here's one of the Ts. 18+ mile dayhije in the upper 80s with high humidity, and I'm sold:

Definitely agree on that the quality has changed . I have UA stuff that is 10yrs old that is in great shape . I bought some a couple yrs ago and it was terrible , but I’ve bought some just a few days ago and it seems like the older stuff , weird . I pick most of mine up at Ross or Marshall’s for pretty cheap . Just picked up a UA rain jacket for $40 msrp was $ 110, which is comparable to my north face jacket which was on sale for $70 .

OverPriced .... I use terramar.....