trout Magic

Powerbait right???? ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I was going to ask the same question but in regard to what lures work the best in the High Uintas. I've never fished for trout and would like to catch a couple when I'm hiking in August. I promise I'll only catch a couple of them.:thumbsup:

Notihing is ever 100%, but for day in, day out, good chance of being the hot ticket, a good old Jakes Spin-A-Lure is pretty hard to beat in the Uintas. One of the assetts it offers is great casting distance - easily over 100 feet with my pack rod, which occasionally makes all the difference.

IMG_1077W2.JPG

IMG_1070W.JPG

IMG_1058W2.JPG

IMG_1063W.JPG

- DAA

Thanks DAA ! I have enjoyed your TR's and was trying to figure out what kind of lure that is and now I know. Everyone at BCP has been very helpful with any of the questions that I have asked. Thanks again....

I figured on trying flies but I've never trout fished and I thought I better ask what works best.

Jakes is all I carry anymore...... in UT, WY, ID. Oh a few mosquito, renegade flies just in case.

I don't like to use spinners very much because the treble hooks sometimes do too much harm to the fish and I don't like to keep them all the time. Especially hard on the smaller ones you find in high lakes. Usually not a problem I guess but I sure feel bad when they take one deep. When I use a spin rod, I like to tie it up with a bubble and use dark flies like renegades and little foam beetles and ants. And brown/tan maribou jigs can be great for brook trout.

Great advice Nick. I only want to catch a couple just to see how good they taste cooked over a fire plus the benefits of the extra calories. I'll probably try what is easier on the fish and go from there.

I second the spinners. Gold is an awesome color! Blue fox are some good cheap spinners if you plan on grayling u need small flies if u spin fish pistol petes work awesome behind a bubble. Must have flys for fly fishing would be mosquitos renegades and small prince nymphs and smaller wooley buggers. Another must carry is a maribu jig for deeper holding fish. I wouldnt leave home without the jakes though. Cant beat tinfoil wrapped brooke trout awesome protein source. And those are some bigfish you caught there. From the uintas? What lakes were those from :)

Awesme read thanks for showing me this post