Transit of Venus

IntrepidXJ

ADVENTR
Here's two quick photos of the Transit of Venus from today...didn't have much time to process them, so I might revisit them when I have a chance (especially the sunset one). There was a lot of smoke in the air from the New Mexico fire near the horizon which made for a colorful sun.

Transit of Venus by IntrepidXJ, on Flickr

Transit of Venus Sunset by IntrepidXJ, on Flickr

Very cool. The sunset one looks like the sun has a beauty mark.

Good reminder of the scale of our solar system.

Damn... those are nice Randy! I hate to do this to you, but now it's time to overshadow your work with my stunning masterpiece. I worked really hard on it.. rented an 800mm lens with a doubler, bought tons of filters, scoped out my spot for months. I even beat up a homeless man who looked at my lens wrong as I was walking to my spot.. true story.

So here it is... hope everyone is sitting down...

Wait for it....

Booyahhhh!!!

transit-of-venus.jpg

:lol: Okay, I actually just shot this through my 17-55 with my solar shades hand held over the top. Still fun to see though. Well sort of.. I couldn't see the spec with the shades on. Good thing I took a photo! :D

Great shots, Randy, I'm envious.
I was in the Torrey/Caineville area, but with the insane wind gusts up to 63mph I couldn't use my tripod.
Here are some of my hand held results.

The first two shots are right from the beginning, the smoke from the wildfire helped a lot to remove some of the light of the sun.

i-mDnqvxh-M.jpg

Venus Transit

i-KcGz9Pv-M.jpg

Smoke Clouds and Venus Transit

i-wTnR2z4-M.jpg