Total Solar Eclipse - August 21, 2017

Kmatjhwy

Wilderness Wanderer
Now thought I would post this here as people this winter think about and plan their trips for the summer of 2017. I know that if you work, many places require you to put in for your vacation time way ahead of time.

This next summer on August 21, 2017, there will be a complete Total Solar Eclipse going lengthwise across the United States. It starts off of the Oregon Coast in the Pacific and goes all the way across into the Atlantic Ocean off of the eastern seaboard. I live here in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and the eclipse is forecasted to go right across Jackson Hole. The center of the totality here locally is near the Jackson Hole Airport. And here locally the complete totality will extend from near Moran in Grand Teton Park to the north to near Hoback Junction south of Jackson to the south. And already about every motel and hotel room in Jackson is filled up for the date. I know many do not live here so you might have a place closer to where you live to see the eclipse. There are quite a few most probably sites online with a simple google search. But it is this date of August 21, 2017. I think here locally, the time of the even is around 2 PM or so but need to check on this. Thought would let people know about this as since in the winter, how many make their summer plans it seems.

Wishing Everyone the Best!