Tips

uintahiker

Adventure Guru
I really liked Tyler 's idea to use his REI visa for trips, then use the dividend for more gear. It got me thinking about other tips that people might have for when they're out and about.

Here's two:

I like to roll my tent up toward the door. That way when it's time to pitch it on my next trip, I'm not left reorienting my tent after it's all spread out.

A nalgene bottle full of hot water at the bottom of my sleeping bag sure helps warm me up when camping in cold weather. (It's nice in those early morning hours when I wake up needing a drink too). It also helps to put one at the bottom of the kids' bags.

I really liked Tyler 's idea to use his REI visa for trips, then use the dividend for more gear. It got me thinking about other tips that people might have for when they're out and about.

Here's two:

I like to roll my tent up toward the door. That way when it's time to pitch it on my next trip, I'm not left reorienting my tent after it's all spread out.

A nalgene bottle full of hot water at the bottom of my sleeping bag sure helps warm me up when camping in cold weather. (It's nice in those early morning hours when I wake up needing a drink too). It also helps to put one at the bottom of the kids' bags.
Those are both excellent ideas.