Timp on the 24th - Crazy busy?

HomerJ

How busy do you guys think Timp will be on the 24th of July? Is it going to be crazy like a typical Saturday (or worse)? Anyone on here ever hiked it on the 24th?

Thanks

It'll be crazy. I've hiked timp on weekends and regular weekdays it's far less crowded on weekdays.

@HomerJ Did you end up making it up Timp yesterday? If so, what trail did you take? Any snow-pack left on the trails to the Saddle? At some point in the next two months, I'm looking at doing a loop hike from the summit trailhead right by the turn-off to Cascade Springs and catching the Timpanooke trail via Willow Hollow Trail and then come back down the Aspen Grove side and getting back to the trailhead via Lame Horse Trail.

I've got a group from work looking at heading up there on Labor Day (yes, I know, busiest day of the year with all the college students back) or September 14 where we might do that loop and make it a full day affair. In the mean time, my wife and I are looking at doing that loop as an overnighter next weekend if the trail conditions are good all the way around, but last report I read was that there was still some tricky snow bridges and what not high up on the Aspen Grove trail. I'm also planning on taking some time off the week of the 12th to do a multi-nighter with my wife, but would rather check out Naturalist Basin or somewhere else up in the Uintas.

Nope, didn't make it. My Brother and Sister-in-law who I was going to do the hike with aren't up to doing that many miles yet... I'd pretty much written off going on the 24th anyway after hearing how busy it usually is.