The Living Room

Nick

-
I hiked to the Living Room above Salt Lake a few weeks back. Great little hike with about 1,000 feet of elevation gain in 1.25 miles. The network of trails leading up to it is a little convoluted but not too bad if you know what you're doing. I'll be posting a trail guide for this one later on, but in the mean time, here are some pics.
living-room-md-3.jpg living-room-md-5.jpg living-room-md-6.jpg living-room-md-7.jpg living-room-md-8.jpg living-room-md-9.jpg living-room-md-10.jpg IMG_2312.jpg living-room-md-1.jpg

Featured image for home page:
slide.jpg

This is cool. Looks like a very similar hike to Summit Park Peak up top of Parley's Canyon including the lounger rocks, minus the fantastic view of Salt Lake of course. Looks like you're just shy of a good height to set up a scope to watch a U game. I'd call that multitasking. ;)

I hadn't heard of Summit Park Peak. Probably a good thing, I don't think @langutah would like me writing up hikes that are literally in his back yard! :) I bet the living room is a mad house for something like the 4th of July fireworks. Jack's Mountain is a good one that is similar to the Living Room with the nice view but without as much traffic.

Summit Peak is the name it goes by here. It is now accessible by an established trail that all of us Summit County/Synderville Basin tax payers and bond holders (2 bonds for open space now) are paying on so the world can have more places to hike and more protected open space to prevent development. Further trail research and maps at the Snyderville Basin Recreation District or by personal accompaniment by me paid for by beers on the summit. :)

Summit Peak is the name it goes by here. It is now accessible by an established trail that all of us Summit County/Synderville Basin tax payers and bond holders (2 bonds for open space now) are paying on so the world can have more places to hike and more protected open space to prevent development. Further trail research and maps at the Snyderville Basin Recreation District or by personal accompaniment by me paid for by beers on the summit. :)
I love that trail thanks for paying for it! Is it possible to drop into lambs canyon from the ridge?

Boise has been doing this for years. They bought up the Boise foot hills and saved them from development. There is a pretty extensive trail system (biking,hiking,running,horseback riding, ATV) for the outdoor enthusiast.I think there is around 140 miles of trails available. A similar bond was up for vote this last election cycle for 33 million, unfortunately it didn't get the two thirds vote to pass. http://www.ridgetorivers.org/

It's a nice place to have in your backyard. My in-laws live not far from it right there on Matterhorn. The parking for that trailhead in the winter gets a bit crazy though. When the snow closes out the parking area and everyone has to resort to the side of the road, it often feels like a bobsled track when trying to drive through.

I love that trail thanks for paying for it! Is it possible to drop into lambs canyon from the ridge?
Summit Peak is not on the Lamb's canyon divide. The divide is farther south at the head of Toll Canyon. This time next year the community will have completed the purchase of Toll Canyon and have started developing trails in it that will go near this divide. Glad you enjoy the trails.

If you venture on that same mountain you'll find the Throne Room. Its a very well crafted flat-rock patio which has flower beds, steps to a lower level and sturdy "chairs" made of flat-rock. One night it slept me and my 8 friends. Virtually indetectable from the lower and higher trails. You just have to find it. Good luck ;)