Take me back.....

isleroyaleguy

Take Me Back

Take me back. Take me back to the places where life breaks down to the basics, where I only need to worry about how much longer I have to walk before I can take a break, how many pairs of socks I need to wash, and how many jolly ranchers are left in my pocket. I want to be where the only task of the afternoon is to keep walking—up or down, through sun or wind, over rocks and streams, if I keep walking I can take myself to unfathomable places. Take me back to the days when sitting on a mat in the dirt doing crossword puzzles and reading James Herriot stories was considered a delightful evening. Let’s return to the life of counting miles, adding and subtracting elevation, checking off mountain passes and shedding ounces. I want to go back to the sunsets and starry nights, to bathing in shallow icy streams, to the strange pleasure of aching muscles. Take me back to the community of strangers who have found a place to feel alive, to a world of no technology and no appointments, to a life of walking. Take me back.
20160828_081028.jpg

Back