Stuff, roll, or fold

Will stuffing a tent into your backpack damage the tent? I just got a new tent and if I remove the poles from the bag I can fit it down in the bottom of my pack with my sleeping bag. It requires some stuffing and folding but it works really well. Anyone had any experience with this?

Will stuffing a tent into your backpack damage the tent? I just got a new tent and if I remove the poles from the bag I can fit it down in the bottom of my pack with my sleeping bag. It requires some stuffing and folding but it works really well. Anyone had any experience with this?
Stuff away. I stuff mine in the "stuff sack" but not using the stuff sack should be fine too, I just like to compact it in the bag.
And if you read that care instructions (at least on my Big Agnes tent) inside the tent, it says to stuff it and not to fold and roll the tent because it can cause creases.

Stuff away. I stuff mine in the "stuff sack" but not using the stuff sack should be fine too, I just like to compact it in the bag.
And if you read that care instructions (at least on my Big Agnes tent) inside the tent, it says to stuff it and not to fold and roll the tent because it can cause creases.

Interesting....

Stuffing is fine but to get any item (pad, packraft, tent, etc) as compact as possible, Roman is on the money here, though I find it’s fine to just do one continuous roll for the second roll (obvious for items without a valve in he middle, but even with a packraft)