Stormzilla

Probably the scariest TSTORM warning I have ever seen
70 MPH Wind
Dime Sized Hail
Rotation in storm possible tornado
Heavy Rain
Etc

So after doubling my chains on the playground I just spent 17 hours putting together it barely knicked Hurricane (not sure about LaVerkin, Toquerville, Springdale and Zion it looked pretty nasty that way) Even though it barely missed us this freaked me out as I sat out in my front yard!

IMG_9089-2.jpgIMG_9089-3.jpg

Outstanding.

I watched a tornado form once in South Carolina. I was transfixed at the window of my office watching clouds swirling in the sky. I asked my co-worker if he thought the swirling clouds were a tornado when, about 200 yards from the building, a funnel just dropped straight down out of the clouds onto the ground. I said, "No, THAT's the tornado!"

He insisted I probably shouldn't keep standing at the window...

I wish I had been able to get a picture of it like you did.

great funnel cloud, I love it!!
Looks like it is already in a rope out stage

I stumbled into a tornado while hiking in North Dakota and instead of hiding in a ditch I took pictures and video footage.
It was so amazing, scary as well, sure. Especially with a rotating cloud above my head.
I'm a little bit crazy, I know, but I like severe weather.
And every time we got our tornado warnings I head out and hope for some pictures.

Neat capture!

The company I've work for the last 20+ years is headquarted in Oklahoma City and I spend a lot of time there. Have seen quite a few clouds rotating and mares tails forming etc., but never actually seen a full blown tornado touching down there. But I DID see the one touch down in Salt Lake in '99. Kind of crazy. Driving eastbound on 2100 S. and looking towards Glendale/Rose Park I was telling my coworker that the clouds looked like what the Okies had described a tornado forming to look like. We weren't headed downtown but the cloud formations moving from Glendale towards downtown looked SO much like what I had been told to look for in a tornado, I started driving towards it. The closer we got the more convinced I was it really WAS going to be a tornado. Finally, at about400 S. and 300 W. it dawned on me that our STUPID ASSES really WERE driving right INTO a freaking tornado. Turned around and started driving away from it at that point... Found out a few hours later that some poor bastard working in a kiosk at the outdoor retailer show was in the process of being killed by it only 3 blocks from us when I pulled my head out and turned us around...

- DAA

Back