Stinky watershoe/sandal remedy

Deadeye008

Hambone
I think this goes here in the Gear forum. So I've got a pair of Solomon Techamphibians that smell like putrid cheese. I wore them pretty much the whole weekend a couple weekends ago and they are really bad still evan after being outside for a week. Anyone have a remedy for this?(Besides throwing them away)

If it is really bad I have found soaking them overnight in baking soda and water, then the next morning adding a bunch of vinegar letting that soak all day then washing them in the washer and put fabreeze in the fabric softener thing instead of fabric softener.. works great for 5 fingers, really nasty gym clothes that have sat in a gym bag for a week etc.

Also if they are really bad putting them in the freezer prior to doing any smell treatment is a good idea as most of the microbes etc that make the stinky can't live in those temperatures :)

My friend has the same kind and of course the same problem. Aside from throwing them out here is an idea how to clean stinky water shoes.
I tried washing them in the washing machine, spraying vinegar in them, scrubbing with dish soap. I just started wearing them socks around town. They don't really stink much anymore, unless I go barefoot, then look out.