St. George and vicinity this weekend

Yvonne

I lava it!!!
I'm flying to St. George late Friday evening and stay until late Monday.
I have some business to do on Monday, especially at Dixie State College and will also look for houses or apartments. :)
Anyone interested in a meet up this weekend?
Or any ideas where to hike? Eventually I'm heading to Zion on Sunday, but on Saturday I could do a short hike in the vicinity of St. George.
I've spent two days in Snow Canyon this past Spring, so maybe someone else has other ideas for me?

I might be able to meet up Saturday Afternoon. My wife is running a 5k and I am on daughter duty in the AM. but even if we dont meet up here are some places I like in the greater ST.G! In no particular order.

1. Arch Trail (click on the links) in Red Cliffs National Conservation Area Babylon Section (different than Red Cliffs Recreation Area) http://mattsamazingsouthernutah.blogspot.com/2008/12/more-red-cliffs-desert-reserve.html
2. Anasazi Ridge
3. Red Cliffs Recreation Area (tons of info and pictures online) this is probably #1 right now by the way...most people have left and the leave should be changing...could be simply stunning to be honest
4. Cottonwood Canyon Wilderness

I might be able to meet up Saturday Afternoon. My wife is running a 5k and I am on daughter duty in the AM. but even if we dont meet up here are some places I like in the greater ST.G! In no particular order.

Matt, thanks a lot. :twothumbs:

First of all, I've been in the Red Cliffs recreation Area in March and visited the waterfalls. Like everyone else I guess.
But with the changing leaves this could be very interesting again.

Arch Trail, I knew you had something written about it, but I couldn't remember the name of the trail anymore.

Anazasi Ridge - this one I definitely have to do!! I missed it last March and after seeing so many pictures of this trail I'm more than interested to see it by myself.

Cottonwood Canyon Wilderness - really nice and red, this looks absolutely great.

It would be nice to meet with you on Saturday afternoon. I'll let you know in the next few days what my plans will be.
I guess on Saturday morning I'll have some business to do as well and will have a look on some potential houses and apartments.
Definitely exciting stuff and somehow I can't wait to escape our WNY climate for a few days.

My group is hiking Little Purgatory on Saturday. I am running in the Color Me Rad Race. You need to join our group we do have fun. http://www.meetup.com/Red-Rock-Hiking/

This past weekend some of us hiked the Tuchan Split also known as Padre Canyon on Saturday and then on Sunday the group I was with saw two beautiful slot canyons Red Cave #1 and #2 then headed off to look at petroglyphs near Coral Pink Sandunes but ran into a damsel in distress with two babies in her suburban stuck axle deep in the sand. We had to get her unstuck a second time and there is a ton more to this story that I might save for an actual trip report. All I can say was what an adventure!! A second group headed up to Bryce to hike Navajo Trail.

I do have some trails to take you on!

Very excited to hear you picked Dixie!