Single Serve Foods

SKLund

Looking for single serve margarine and olive oil so I an dope up my ramen and Knorr sides.

I bought single serving Best Food mayo on Amazon and recall seeing olive oil but no margarine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have considered the same thing but may just use a small travel sized bottle for olive oil.

Amazon and eBay have Backpackers Pantry brand single serves of olive oil for $5-$10. KFC has margirine packets if I remember correctly. You could order a meal and ask for a bunch of extra packets. It would be about the same cost as ordering some from the "inter-web."

I've bought those little ziplock bags at Walmart in the crafts department. Use them for all kinds of small things.

Minimus.biz

They have everything you could possibly want. Or check chik fil a. They have some interesting stuff in single packets.

Not what you're looking for but on the same subject, Trader Joe's sells coconut oil in packets that are very handy for backpacking.

Ghee. Clarified butter. Needs no refrigeration. Repackage in 1, 2 or 4 ounce Nalgene bottles. Do the same with oils, soap, etc.
Wayne

2nd the KFC "butter". They also have "honey".
World Market has the coconut oil packs. Probably the same as Trader Joe's. They also have very small olive oil bottles (similar to the whisky mini-bottle idea above).
The deli at grocery stores often have single serve packets of all kinds of condiments, etc.
Same goes for gas stations/convenience stores. Maverick (I think they have those in NM) has an especially good selection. I usually just ask the clerk and they don't seem to mind me grabbing what I need. Cholula is one of my faves.
I like to get the chili sauce (sriracha) packets from Panda Express for my Asian inspired meals.

The World Market individual summer sausage (beef or ham) are great diced and added to Mountain House or other dry meals. Or eaten by themselves during the day. The cheese wedges are good. The Maggi soup from Germany makes a good base for anything you care to add. Sausage, cheese, tuna, whatever you like.
Wayne

Has anyone mentioned the Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and "sauce" with take out pizza? The question the edible nature of the sauce. Who decided that we needed that?
Wayne