Shuttle for the Teton Crest Trail

linkin22luke

Hello All!

My partner and I are going to be doing the Tenon Crest trail Sept 5th-9th. We are super excited as this is our first backpacking trip through the Tetons, our favorite National Park. I've done a lot of research online for shuttles from the Jenny Lake area back down to the Granite Lake trailhead, but not of the public transit options seem to take that route, and other users have mentioned that the taxis charge exorbitant amounts of money. Does anyone have any tips for accomplishing this? My partner is wary of hitchhiking so that is likely out. If a member here were interested in it I would be happy to grab some beer from the Denver area as thanks!

Luke

I assume you already scoped rates on Uber as well? I know several area hotels also have shuttle service to/from the airport; you could perhaps call them and see if theyd drop you at the granite trailhead on their way back to teton village.

I'm not sure (nor do I need to know) what the specific hangups you partner has with hitching, but if this is of any help: hitchhiking is 100% legal in Wyoming as of 2013, as long as you're more than 0.1 away from a business. Now national parks are exempt from this law, unless the park superintendent expressly authorizes hitching. The superintendent HAS in fact done so, which means that you are 100% in the clear, whether or not you're in the park. Obligatory ddisclaimer about trusting Random Dude on the Internet when it comes to legal matters.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Teton Crest Trail Shuttle Resource Discussions 3
yoBear2116 Doing a shuttle on the Teton Crest Trail Trip Planning 4
AKay09 Teton Shuttle Help 8/18 or 8/19 Trip Planning 0
genez Teton shuttle help 7/10 ? Trip Planning 23
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
BJett Rockcastle River No Shuttle Packrafting - Kentucky On The Water 2
Normie Invite Looking for shuttle partner -- two trips in Southern Utah Meet Up (Members Only) 5
S Mt Whitney Shuttle Hiking & Camping 0
D Grand Gulch Shuttle Trip Planning 4
J Uinta Highline Trail Shuttle Trip Planning 0
S Uinta Highline Trail shuttle options? Trip Planning 5
W Little Colorado shuttle / transport Trip Planning 7
TeamJenkins17 Cody Shuttle Trip Planning 4
S Spring Canyon, Capitol Reef-vehicle shuttle Sun, Mar 24. Meet Up (Members Only) 0
O Shuttle service for boaters in Grand Junction area? Trip Planning 2
L Crack in the Wall shuttle Trip Planning 0
Amanda Mitchell Vernal, Utah Uinta Highline Trail shuttle offer Noobs: Introduce yourself! 9
Stickerbumper Zion Traverse Memorial Day Weekend - Shuttle Meet Up (Members Only) 0
MarkintheHV Paria Shuttle Trip Planning 5
Brendan S Powell shuttle for hikers? Trip Planning 6
W Shuttle Needed from Vernal UT to Leidy Peak - August 6th General Discussion 5
Ravialdo Shuttle for Dominguez Wilderness? Trip Planning 3
fiber Hanksville Shuttle Needed: April 18 from Burr Point to West Rock Canyon Trip Planning 0
ledcat Uintas shuttle Trip Planning 0
DrNed Mineral Bottoms Shuttle General Discussion 0
Melissa Suggestions for shuttle hike in the Needles district of Canyonlands Trip Planning 17
Nick Zion shuttle needed General Discussion 5
Bigred72 Zion info/shuttle help Meet Up (Members Only) 2
TractorDoc Paintbrush Canyon / Cascade Canyon Loop -- Grand Teton NP September 11, 2023 Hiking & Camping 9
Bob Teton Wilderness July 2024 Trip Planning 38
D Grand Teton Cascade Loop Trip Planning 1
TheMountainRabbit Request: Grand Teton Ascent Trip Planning 0
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Nine / Day Nine + Ten! Backpacking 20
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Eight / Day Eight Backpacking 14
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Seven / Day Seven Backpacking 13
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Six / Day Six Backpacking 28
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Five / Day Five Backpacking 16
TheMountainRabbit Ortenburger Lake, Talus Lake, & Glacier Peak (Grand Teton NP) - October 2023 Backpacking 14
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Four / Day Four Backpacking 15
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Three / Day Three Backpacking 10
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 -- Part Two / Day Two Backpacking 6
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 --Part One / Day One Backpacking 10
TheMountainRabbit Invite Grand Teton NP, October 7th-10th 2023 Meet Up (Members Only) 0
TheMountainRabbit Southern Absaroka & Thorofare Mountain (Teton/Washakie Wilderness) - July 2023 Backpacking 23
J Pacific Creek or North Buffalo Fork? Teton Wilderness, Thorofare ,etc. Trip Planning 10
Bob Teton Wilderness Trip Planning 2
W Paper map for Teton Wilderness (Younts Peak) Gear 4
C Teton Wilderness Early July Trip Planning 16
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 9 of 9, 7-29 & 30, /2022 Backpacking 5
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 8 of 9, 7/28/2022 Backpacking 5