Shuttle for Dominguez Wilderness?

Ravialdo

Decided on the Dominguez Wilderness. Mainly because of some of the trip reports but also because I already had the Trails Illustrated map of the area, and I'm too lazy to do more research on alternatives.

Anyways, would like to park a car at the trailhead at Bridgeport and do a shuttle to the Dominguez Campground up-canyon. Then we could take a leisurely multi-day backpack down the canyon back to the car.

Is anyone willing/able to help me with a shuttle? My buddy and I are flying into town separately but will likely only rent 1 car.

Obviously I'd reimburse you plus some extra money for your troubles. Alternatively if anyone knows of shuttle services in the area that won't balk at taking people up to the upper trailhead at that time of year (Like American Spirit Shuttle did 3 years ago to me), I'd take references too.

Oh, this would be on or around April 6th.

Thanks

I might be able to help out depending on time of day. April 6th is middle of the week so I will be at work from about 7am-4pm

I can understand you wanting to do the whole canyon. Having said that the upper part is pretty wet, lot's of beaver ponds, and frankly not as scenic. But this my opinion obviously. If you could get a ride to the Cactus Park trailhead (4wd), you have a short backpack to get into the canyon, and you are in the best part IMO. Either way you go it is a great hike, amid spectacular waterfalls and rock formations. The side canyon on your right (LDC) down from cactus park is a nice side canyon, with a great campspot at the junction w/Dominguez. If you are interested in some other campspots you can PM me.
If you can't find a someone to shuttle I can probably help.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
BJett Rockcastle River No Shuttle Packrafting - Kentucky On The Water 2
Normie Invite Looking for shuttle partner -- two trips in Southern Utah Meet Up (Members Only) 5
A Teton Crest Trail Shuttle Resource Discussions 3
S Mt Whitney Shuttle Hiking & Camping 0
D Grand Gulch Shuttle Trip Planning 4
J Uinta Highline Trail Shuttle Trip Planning 0
S Uinta Highline Trail shuttle options? Trip Planning 5
W Little Colorado shuttle / transport Trip Planning 7
yoBear2116 Doing a shuttle on the Teton Crest Trail Trip Planning 4
TeamJenkins17 Cody Shuttle Trip Planning 4
S Spring Canyon, Capitol Reef-vehicle shuttle Sun, Mar 24. Meet Up (Members Only) 0
linkin22luke Shuttle for the Teton Crest Trail Trip Planning 1
O Shuttle service for boaters in Grand Junction area? Trip Planning 2
L Crack in the Wall shuttle Trip Planning 0
Amanda Mitchell Vernal, Utah Uinta Highline Trail shuttle offer Noobs: Introduce yourself! 9
Stickerbumper Zion Traverse Memorial Day Weekend - Shuttle Meet Up (Members Only) 0
MarkintheHV Paria Shuttle Trip Planning 5
Brendan S Powell shuttle for hikers? Trip Planning 6
AKay09 Teton Shuttle Help 8/18 or 8/19 Trip Planning 0
genez Teton shuttle help 7/10 ? Trip Planning 23
W Shuttle Needed from Vernal UT to Leidy Peak - August 6th General Discussion 5
fiber Hanksville Shuttle Needed: April 18 from Burr Point to West Rock Canyon Trip Planning 0
ledcat Uintas shuttle Trip Planning 0
DrNed Mineral Bottoms Shuttle General Discussion 0
Melissa Suggestions for shuttle hike in the Needles district of Canyonlands Trip Planning 17
Nick Zion shuttle needed General Discussion 5
Bigred72 Zion info/shuttle help Meet Up (Members Only) 2
stevecochranephotography Desert Winter Run Off - Big Dominguez Canyon Hiking & Camping 2
tomcat32 Backpacking the Dominguez Canyon Wilderness Backpacking 4
hamtron5000 Big Dominguez Canyon Overnight Backpacking 0
gnwatts Dominguez Canyon, waterfalls Backpacking 19
hamtron5000 Sunday Night in Dominguez Canyon Hiking & Camping 2
gnwatts Dominguez Canyon & Dry Fork Canyon Backpacking 4
IntrepidXJ Big Dominguez Canyon Hiking & Camping 5
Ravialdo Big Dominguez Creek Trail Trip Planning 9
StephenH Dominguez Canyon: Snow and Ice, Part 3 Canyoneering 2
Howells Outdoors Dominguez Canyon part 2 Canyoneering 7
gnwatts Dominguez Canyon, Co Photography 5
IntrepidXJ Backpacking Big Dominguez Canyon Backpacking 6
IntrepidXJ Return to Big Dominguez Canyon Hiking & Camping 0
F Bob Marshall Wilderness, Montana, July / August, 2023, part 1 of 3 Backpacking 6
U motor vehicles in the Canaan Mountain Wilderness General Discussion 4
Bob Teton Wilderness July 2024 Trip Planning 40
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Nine / Day Nine + Ten! Backpacking 20
Mikjik86 Backpacking Indian Peaks Wilderness - King Lake - August, 2023 Backpacking 0
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Eight / Day Eight Backpacking 14
shredhiker Ansel Adams Wilderness October 2023 Backpacking 12
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Seven / Day Seven Backpacking 13
randakag Rawah Wilderness "Lollipop" Loop - September 2023 Backpacking 7