Rent/Borrow an inReach?

Mike K

I'm thinking about renting a Delorme inReach for a 3 night Uintas backpacking trip next weekend (July 28th, 2016). I want/need to be in contact with my wife for this trip. I found some places that rent online but the price gets pretty steep (~$100).

Does anyone know of any local places (Utah or Salt Lake County) that rents them?
Do any of you locals have one that you're willing to rent to me for a better price?

If figured it was worth asking. =)

Thanks.

I'm thinking about renting a Delorme inReach for a 3 night Uintas backpacking trip next weekend (July 28th, 2016). I want/need to be in contact with my wife for this trip. I found some places that rent online but the price gets pretty steep (~$100).

Does anyone know of any local places (Utah or Salt Lake County) that rents them?
Do any of you locals have one that you're willing to rent to me for a better price?

If figured it was worth asking. =)

Thanks.

I have one that I could rent you - PM me and we can go over details

Russ at Skycall is a great option. Super nice guy and really easy pick-up and drop-off right along I-80.

Awesome, thanks guys. I will check it out! I'm in contact with @genez and we might work something out. Such an awesome community of people on here...gotta love it!

I used an inreach for the first time on a trip a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING to be able to contact my wife and family while in the middle of the backcountry. I have been seriously thinking of picking one up.

I bought an InReach for my last solo trip. For the peace of mind it gave my husband for me to be able to check in each day, it was definitely worth the price.