REI Dividends

The dates REI says the coupon is available is March 23-April 15, but I just bought a pack from the outlet and put the code in and it worked.

I'm a little embarrassed to say mine is $280, but a few years ago we picked up an REI visa. :cool: :cool:
I have one too. It made up the majority of my dividend $$. I usually use this card when I do camping trips (food, gas, fees, gear, etc), then pull my vacation savings out and pay it off right away. Clearly it worked well this year.

Holy frack man! I need to get me an REI Visa!

I am usually against opening up a Visa... but in this case... the thought of getting free gear from buying groceries and gas is sooo tempting. I have been resisting since I bought Sarah's new pack with my measly dividend check. And as for being embarrassed by the $230 are you kidding me!!! The rest of us are jealous.

I went to REI today and spent my dividend. Yes, the official sale doesn't start until 3/22 but they are still letting you use the 20% off in-store too. They said they emailed them out a bit early so they were just accepting them now.

I picked me up a sweet new Thermarest NeoAir XLite Large. 25x77 and only 16 ounces. Ohhhh yessssss!

View attachment 1604

Nice! I'm guessing this will be coming on the trip this weekend, right? You'll have to let me know what you think of it. As much as I love my sleeping pad, it would be nice to have one that light.

. As much as I love my sleeping pad, it would be nice to have one that light.

and especially one you don't need to perform CPR before using it? :D
It was really funny, Lisa, but I guess your pad was cozy and warm.

ibenick:
I'm a little bit envious, the Neoair is one of the things I need to buy as soon as possible. I wished I had one last week.
Hopefully sooner or later I can get one for a reasonable price

and especially one you don't need to perform CPR before using it? :D
It was really funny, Lisa, but I guess your pad was cozy and warm.

ibenick:
I'm a little bit envious, the Neoair is one of the things I need to buy as soon as possible. I wished I had one last week.
Hopefully sooner or later I can get one for a reasonable price

Haha, seriously. I sure got a workout pumping the damn thing up. I should have let is self inflate first. It will fill about half way up on its own if you let it.:facepalm:

$12.53. The problem is that Recreation Outlet in American Fork is only 2 blocks from my house. So all those little last minute things; webbing, or maps, or books, or kid-size headlamp are being purchased there.

I really wonder if they get returns mixed up as two of my coworkers got either a lot more or far less than they expected.

I ended up with $24 after just signing up in January, and it was spent immediately to reduce the sting of buying new climbing gear!

*udpate
got mine in the mail and seems my dividend was only .83 cents and the rest was carry over form last year.
so yeah 8bucks.... woot.

I really wonder if they get returns mixed up as two of my coworkers got either a lot more or far less than they expected.

I totally agree. There is no way I spent $800 full price dollars at REI last year. Or did I.... I don't know. I've been confused about it every year.