Post hike--BURGER & FRIES

rundrumkc

I have mentioned in a couple of threads that I will be hiking the Highline Trail in August. If I survive, that is if I'm not mauled by a bear, jumped by a cougar, trampled by a moose, struck by lightning, or carried off by a swarm of mosquitoes. Where would be the best place in the Salt Lake area to get a great burger and fries ? I don't have a clue as to what time I will be leaving the trail at the west end but I may plan an extra day just to hang around town and see some sites before flying back to K.C.Mo...So, do any of you have a favorite place to go to and stuff yourselves after several days of hiking ? I could research BEST BURGER IN SLC but I wanted to hear what the locals suggest.

Looking for advice
Thanks,
Shawn

Salt Lake just so happens to be home to the Best Burger in The World. There's a bar on 1300 S. and around 200 West called Lucky 13. I went there for lunch yesterday and can vouch that they do indeed have some insanely awesome hamburgers. Oh.... and garlic fries.

Check it out
http://burgerbeast.com/2012/11/04/l...-world-2012-world-food-championships-results/

https://plus.google.com/102806619689658641170/about

If you're hungry before Salt Lake, the Uinta drive-in in Kamas is pretty good too. (formerly known as Dick's)

After a big calorie-burn day or trip, I always love a shake and Crown Burger (burger + pastrami) from Crown Burgers.

Side note - one of my favorite places to get a burger in the region used to be Billy's Burger in Jackson Hole, WY. Unfortunately, I don't think they're in business anymore).

I agree with Nick go to Lucky 13.

Salt Lake just so happens to be home to the Best Burger in The World. There's a bar on 1300 S. and around 200 West called Lucky 13. I went there for lunch yesterday and can vouch that they do indeed have some insanely awesome hamburgers. Oh.... and garlic fries.

Check it out
http://burgerbeast.com/2012/11/04/l...-world-2012-world-food-championships-results/

https://plus.google.com/102806619689658641170/about

If you're hungry before Salt Lake, the Uinta drive-in in Kamas is pretty good too. (formerly known as Dick's)
Lucky 13 has a spicy burger so hot it will make you eyes water.

That's what I hear! I also hear it'll make the next couple of days in the bathroom pretty rough! :confused:
It is just another adventure. It hurts getting there but the memories are worth it

Thanks for the responses you all. LUCKY 13 will most likely be the place I go for a post hike pig out. It looks very appetizing

Hit the Uinta Drive-In in Kamas and get a blueberry milkshake on the way to SLC. I can't drive down 150 and not stop at that place--waaay too good!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Janice Field Trip - Washington Post podcast about national parks General Discussion 0
Rockskipper Lunar eclipse shots anyone? Post 'em here. Photography 10
Nethos Another water post(Bowdie/Midway) Trip Planning 10
D First Post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
TrektheWorld Backcountry Post Logo - Found! Everything Else 1
JBinSB Captioning photos in my post Questions, Suggestions & Support 1
Cait Hell's Kitchen Basin - Old Pack Trail post Box Fire Trip Reports 3
balzaccom Self promotional post. Really. General Discussion 6
fossana Death Valley road closures post flooding Trip Planning 3
Nick 2018 Backcountry Post Shirts General Discussion 106
Perry Forgive my Non-backcountry Post... Santa Came Early to My House Photography 15
longtimesun Happy to provide beta on Mountains - New timer to BackCountry Post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Outdoor_Fool Yellowstone - 9 Mile Post to South Entrance Backpacking 1
R Noob post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
R Noob post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
JohnP Mt Olympus - a Noob's First Post Hiking & Camping 13
Tye Dye Twins Where to Post Backcountry skiing stuff? Questions, Suggestions & Support 8
Vegan.Hiker Post Your Videos General Discussion 11
uintahiker Sierra Trading Post coupon codes Gear 15
Antlerking Album Unique, not seen finds - Post yours Photography 31
slc_dan Hamburger Rocks via The Post -Capitol Reef- Backpacking 14
Laura Need help deleting useless post ;) Questions, Suggestions & Support 2
Nick Post photos to our wall, get a free shirt General Discussion 16
Nick Show off your Backcountry Post stickers! General Discussion 55
Backcountry Post Quick Start Guide To Using Backcountry Post Questions, Suggestions & Support 2
Nick Sierra Trading Post Coupon Codes Gear 30
Nick Post Your Trip Reports & Gear Reviews To Win Free Gear! General Discussion 38
uintahiker New suggestion- mandatory Noob post when signing up Questions, Suggestions & Support 1
M Lost a drone in the San Rafael River area/below the wedge. No time to hike in to retrieve. General Discussion 0
TrailScot Day hike in the Upper East Side of Zion - October 2023 Hiking & Camping 5
TrailScot Upper Paria Loop Hike - September 2023 Backpacking 4
OldBill Short hike at the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania Hiking & Camping 1
kwc Fall hike to Chase Lake, Southern Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 1
O YNP Union Falls easy hike Aug 4-8 2023? Meet Up (Members Only) 9
kwc Another Adirondack Hike Hiking & Camping 3
kwc Hadley Mountain hike Hiking & Camping 1
T America's Wildest Through-hike General Discussion 0
kwc Short Snowshoe Hike today, Southern Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 2
kwc Another Southern Adirondacks hike - Clockmill Pond and Rock Lake Hiking & Camping 0
Ellen What are your favorite spots to hike and camp in December? Trip Planning 10
F The El Camino Real, A failed hike. Backpacking 16
P Scatman's Grizzly Lake hike, 2022 Backpacking 28
Jackson Quick day hike in the Montana Absarokas Hiking & Camping 13
kwc Adirondack Hike to Middle Lake Hiking & Camping 0
TrailScot "I'll take the High Road ..." - A Loop Hike around the Canyons of Needles - May 2022 Trip Reports 14
norwegianxplorer Hiking Sierra de las Nieves, Spain. Sunrise hike from Yunquera, Andalusia, Wild boar and Spanish Ibex Hiking & Camping 0
Rockskipper Afraid to hike alone? Go with this guy - or maybe not. General Discussion 2
Titans Birthday hike Nov 2021 Hiking & Camping 13
P A short hike on the AT in Shenandoah National Park Hiking & Camping 0
kwc Hadley Mountain Fire Tower hike, Southern Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 1