Polebridge to Kintla

marquiri

Anyone have any advice for getting from Polebridge to Kintla? We are trying to get a permit for the Kintla to Bowman route for this fall, but we still need to figure out how we're going to get ourselves to Kintla from Bowman. We'd like to avoid renting 2 cars if possible. I've heard of stashing a bike at the exit trailhead, but we'd have to rent the bike, and I'm not sure what we'd do if we got out to Bowman and the bike was missing. Any advice other than hitching a ride all the way up there? Thanks for your time everyone.

Thanks River. I was thinking of trying the Mercantile once it opens back up. I actually reached out to someone who hosts an airbnb rental up there to ask if we stayed there if they would be able to assist with transportation. They said they would be able to assist, so things are looking up, at least at the moment. I've heard stories of people making arrangements in advance only to have the driver demand a much larger payment once they get there.

We did the same route several years ago. We found someone through Polebridge Mercantile to give us a ride. We Loved the trip. If you can stay at Hole in the Wall campground, I highly recommend!

We're hoping to do two nights at Boulder Pass to give us a little time to get up to Boulder Peak and maybe down to Pocket Lake on a zero day, and then to Hole in the Wall the day after.

How is this route in late July?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk