Pineview and the OR

Nick

-
I was about to hop on here and post some photos. First a few in the dogs of BCP thread. Then some in the members of BCP thread. But then I thought I should just post a trip report. I wouldn't normally post a TR for this kind of outing, but since it was loaded with BCP members along with a trip to the Outdoor Retailer (OR) Summer Market Open Air Demo, why not?!

@sixstringsteve and I will be attending the OR this year representing BCP. We decided to take advantage of the Open Air Demo at Pineview on the first day to get out on the boat and have some fun. The weather forecast was dismal, but we pressed on. When we arrived at the launch ramp around 9, the first thing we were asked was "You know it's raining right". "Yes", I told the woman as I paid the $12 fee to launch the boat. She told me "no refunds" as I put the cash in her hand and the slight trickle immediately turned into a torrential downpour. We hid in the truck for a minute or two before it subsided enough to launch.

We were treated to a large reservoir with almost no other boats at all. The water was smooth and glassy and the scenery beautiful and dramatic. I'm so glad we didn't back out. After spending the first half of the day with @slc_dan, @colefeet and @San taco, we went over and picked up @sixstringsteve and @Tess around lunch time. After a stop for a swim and some tubing, we finally made it over to the OR. Unfortunately we spent most of the time tracking down the badge registration tent, but we did get to drop by and visit the folks from Sea Eagle and check out some new products. Not long after that the storms predicted came all at once. It was by far the most chaotic boat retrieval I've done so far. I was soaked to the bone and just glad no one was struck by lightning. Looking forward to the next few days exploring the OR show. Let us know if there is anything you'd like us to check out!

The pics:

pineview-1.jpg

@slc_dan
pineview-2.jpg

@Nick
pineview-3.jpg
@slc_dan and @San taco
pineview-4.jpg pineview-5.jpg

Sage totally learned to swim and fetch on this trip. She had dabbled with it before, but this time she was a pro! Thanks to Mya and Dan for teaching her it was okay!
pineview-6.jpg pineview-7.jpg pineview-8.jpg

Nikita is digging the extended decks on the new boat.
pineview-9.jpg
pineview-10.jpg
pineview-11.jpg pineview-12.jpg pineview-13.jpg
Fender is awesome.
pineview-14.jpg pineview-15.jpg pineview-16.jpg
@colefeet on her man chariot.
pineview-17.jpg pineview-18.jpg
The Open Air Demo
pineview-19.jpg
Woot!
badge.jpg

@sixstringsteve checking out a sweet new drop-stitch inflatable kayak from Sea Eagle.
pineview-20.jpg

Me trying out the same kayak but not quite as successfully.
pineview-21.jpg

@Tess in a Sea Eagle Explorer. I didn't try this one but I want to! Those big side tubes look awesome!
pineview-22.jpg

More coming soon from the Outdoor Retailer show!

i like that San taco has a handle!! thanks for a great trip! oh, and go man chariot!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to mention that most of the boat anchored photos, were taken by @Nick sitting on a pool noodle!

Wish I knew you were going to be around. Did you check out the foldable kayak?

I've got a bunch of pics and products to feature from this show. I'll get it uploaded soon.