Permits pulled due to fires so...........

Chuck the Mauler

Formally known as "kcwins"
I had a permit for the North Lake / South Lake loop that was refunded to us a couple of weeks ago due to fires. So I pulled a permit for the Mineral King loop in Sequoia. I was just notified via email that permit was pulled from us too. So, any last minute backpacking trips 6 hours or less from San Fran that you'd recommend looking into?

I had a permit for the North Lake / South Lake loop that was refunded to us a couple of weeks ago due to fires. So I pulled a permit for the Mineral King loop in Sequoia. I was just notified via email that permit was pulled from us too. So, any last minute backpacking trips 6 hours or less from San Fran that you'd recommend looking into?
I think calif closed most forests a couple weeks ago..... May check that first

My two favorites near SF are Lost Coast and Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne in Yosemite. For Yosemite, that area isn't as heavily trafficked and I was able to get walk-up permits a couple years ago. Tahoe Rim Trail is an option, but I haven't done it because it doesn't seem very remote.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jackson 2024 Permits/Lotteries General Discussion 12
balzaccom Permits for 2022 Trip Planning 2
Rockskipper Yellowstone Backcountry Permits Available Online In 2022 General Discussion 72
balzaccom Yosemite...wilderness permits for 2022 are better Backpacking 2
S Havasupai Permits Trip Planning 1
forest dweller Where to go, last minute, early August, with wife, for 2 weeks, with no backcountry permits? Trip Planning 25
IntrepidXJ Canyonlands Permits going to Recreation.gov General Discussion 4
Yvonne Zion Wilderness Permits and Canyoneering permits opened up again General Discussion 11
fossana BLM looking for input on accelerating grazing permits (comment through 6 Mar) General Discussion 2
Titans Permits car camping Grand Staircase Escalante NM? Trip Planning 6
Shirt357 Indian Peaks Wilderness Permits Trip Planning 4
Nick Permits 2019 General Discussion 44
George_Washington_Hayduke 2018 River Permits Trip Planning 19
T Havuspai Camping permits General Discussion 0
Shirt357 Permits General Discussion 6
IntrepidXJ Day-Use Permits Now Required for Elephant Hill and White Rim Roads General Discussion 9
Jackson Permits in the Uintas Trip Planning 7
Keith Waiting for Yellowstone backcountry permits General Discussion 3
IntrepidXJ Proposed Day-Use Permits for Elephant Hill and White Rim Roads General Discussion 4
IntrepidXJ BLM re-evaluates walk-in permits for The Wave, considers online alternative General Discussion 0
woodmaker_58 Teton Permits Trip Planning 7
D Grand Canyon "walk in" backcountry permits Trip Planning 6
Scott Chandler Coyote Buttes South permits Trip Planning 8
S Wave permits during government shutdown General Discussion 13
Aldaron Grand Gulch Permits General Discussion 19
jdgibney The Wave/White Pocket Fri Oct 12 permits for a ride? Trip Planning 1
Deadeye008 Changes for Zion NP canyoneering permits General Discussion 2
zionsky Arches & Canyonlands closed due to snow General Discussion 12
IntrepidXJ BLM, National Park Service close public lands due to trespassing cattle dispute General Discussion 4