Pemigewasset Wilderness loop hike

Nodust

I don't see many east coast trips here. I hiked the Pemigewasset Loop, which is a series of trails in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. It incorporates Franconia Ridge, Appalachian Trail along with a few other trails.

Takes you right over many 4000' footers of New Hampshire. Mt Lafayette is the highest point at just over 5200'. This is a very rugged hike. The trails go straight up. The climb up South Twin Mt was 1500' in just over a mile.

Thanks for showing some more of that area of the country. Definitely underrepresented on here. Beautiful shots from above the trees. And those trails look much more rugged than I'd expect.

Side note: I had not heard of Spam singles before watching this.

Thanks for showing some more of that area of the country. Definitely underrepresented on here. Beautiful shots from above the trees. And those trails look much more rugged than I'd expect.

Side note: I had not heard of Spam singles before watching this.

Spam singles with mustard on a bagel is some good grub.

Sometimes I feel like a belay rope is needed on some of the trails. They get to the point and take you the most direct route to the peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you are from the Saturday Evening Convicts Leauge thank you for sharing this exquisite stuff. Although Mt. Moosialukee is my favorite hike out East the Franconia Ridge and just about all of your hike was of course exquisite; these are of course some of New England's greatest gems. Bad film camera but one of the greatest foliage hikes I've ever done, Franconia Ridge Loop Hike back in the mid 90s when I was back in New England for a year.

Pemigewasset Lafayette.jpg

Old Bridle Path.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you are from the Saturday Evening Convicts Leauge thank you for sharing this exquisite stuff. Although Mt. Moosialukee is my favorite hike out East the Franconia Ridge and just about all of your hike was of course exquisite; these are of course some of New England's greatest gems. Bad film camera but one of the greatest foliage hikes I've ever done, Franconia Ridge Loop Hike back in the mid 90s when I was back in New England ]

I've never had a chance to see the foliage yet. Maybe one year I'll make a trip later in the year.

I saw Moosilauke from the ridge and really want to hike it also. One year I'm just going to hike the whole AT in New Hampshire.

I've never had a chance to see the foliage yet. Maybe one year I'll make a trip later in the year.

I saw Moosilauke from the ridge and really want to hike it also. One year I'm just going to hike the whole AT in New Hampshire.

Highly recommended. If you do it and you have the time, extend the trip into southern Main and nab the Mahoosucs while you're at it. Thanks for sharing!

Moosilaukee Massif is the only place in the world I've seen moose above treeeline.

Dartmouth is a wonderful steward of Moosliaukee. The best dayhike I ever had out East was Asquam Ridge with south peak and back down to the Ravine Lodge. This is a place anyone that truly appreciates the greatest our world has to offer finds what they are looking for. Do this hike. AT Hikers miss Gorge Brook, this is a wonderous place. Add it your wildland wealth.

BbbbbbbbbbbhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrPPPPPPHHHppp.

Excuse me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Thanks for posting this! I've wanted to the do the entire Pemi loop for years. The Whites have a special place in my heart because my love of the outdoors was born camping in those areas as a kid with my dad. Franconia Ridge and Moosilauke are both great hikes (I have trips reports of both somewhere on here if you search) but my favorite summit view in the Whites is from Mt Hight even though it's not one of the 48. Has the best view of Mt Washington imo.

The Pemi Loop is a nice hike and one of the New England Classics. Even with crowds on Franconia Ridge it's a must do. I did an extended version of the Pemi Loop a few years back tagging the extra 4k peaks just off route including North Twin, Zealand, WEst Bond, and Galehead. I think it was around 39 miles.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
U motor vehicles in the Canaan Mountain Wilderness General Discussion 4
Bob Teton Wilderness July 2024 Trip Planning 40
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Nine / Day Nine + Ten! Backpacking 20
Mikjik86 Backpacking Indian Peaks Wilderness - King Lake - August, 2023 Backpacking 0
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Eight / Day Eight Backpacking 14
shredhiker Ansel Adams Wilderness October 2023 Backpacking 12
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Seven / Day Seven Backpacking 13
randakag Rawah Wilderness "Lollipop" Loop - September 2023 Backpacking 7
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Six / Day Six Backpacking 28
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Five / Day Five Backpacking 16
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Four / Day Four Backpacking 15
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Three / Day Three Backpacking 10
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 -- Part Two / Day Two Backpacking 6
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 --Part One / Day One Backpacking 10
TheMountainRabbit Bob Marshall Wilderness - September 2023 Backpacking 8
marquiri Uncompahgre Wilderness Trip Planning 13
TheMountainRabbit Dana Meadows to Twin Lakes via the High Route (Yosemite/Hoover Wilderness) - August 2023 Backpacking 8
TheMountainRabbit Invite Bob Marshall Wilderness, September 2023 Meet Up (Members Only) 0
TheMountainRabbit Silas Canyon (Popo Agie Wilderness) - August 2023 Backpacking 3
C What's a good insurance company for Wilderness Trip Outfitters Trip Planning 1
RockyMntCol Cloud Peak Wilderness Loop Trip Planning 1
TheMountainRabbit Southern Absaroka & Thorofare Mountain (Teton/Washakie Wilderness) - July 2023 Backpacking 23
J Pacific Creek or North Buffalo Fork? Teton Wilderness, Thorofare ,etc. Trip Planning 10
Bob Teton Wilderness Trip Planning 2
shredhiker Eagles Nest Wilderness June 30 2023 Backpacking 7
W Paper map for Teton Wilderness (Younts Peak) Gear 4
forest dweller The story of a frustrated middle aged suburban wilderness lover! General Discussion 35
wabenho Big Pine Lakes – John Muir Wilderness Backpacking 6
canadug Jarbidge Wilderness General Discussion 12
C Teton Wilderness Early July Trip Planning 16
travel2walk Gros Ventre Wilderness: Granite Creek, West Fork Crystal Creek, Crystal Creek, & Swift Creek - June 2021 Backpacking 8
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 9 of 9, 7-29 & 30, /2022 Backpacking 5
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 8 of 9, 7/28/2022 Backpacking 5
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 7 of 9, July 26-27, 2022 Backpacking 13
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 6, 7/25/2022 Backpacking 17
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 5 of 9, 7/23-24, 2022 Backpacking 10
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 4 of 9, 7/22, 2022 Backpacking 4
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 3 of 9, 7/20-21, 2022 Backpacking 2
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 2, 7/19/2022 Backpacking 4
F 12 days in Wyoming's Teton Wilderness, part 1, 7/15-18, 2022 Backpacking 13
kwc Round Lake, north central Adirondacks, in the Round Lake Wilderness On The Water 2
scatman Pacific Creek, Moss Lake and Gravel Lake - Teton Wilderness - October 7, 2022 Backpacking 32
balzaccom These guys had quite the wilderness experience... General Discussion 0
balzaccom Mok Wilderness in the fall Backpacking 1
XID_AZ Kanab Creek Wilderness - Sowats Canyon - Mountain Sheep Spring Trip Planning 6
scatman Teton Wilderness Loop - August 6, 2022 Backpacking 27
TheMountainRabbit Red's Meadow to Tuolumne Meadows via the High Route (Ansel Adams/Yosemite Wilderness) - August 2022 Backpacking 5
Bob Teton Wilderness - 50 miles of High Country - Aug 2022 Backpacking 45
Mountain Wanderer First time in to the Sawtooth Wilderness! Backpacking 2
TheMountainRabbit Younts Peak (Teton/Washakie Wilderness) - July 2022 Backpacking 22