Packing for 2 people

samdizshiz

When packing for a couples trip are there any rules. I understand you need two sleeping bags two pads two people's worth of food. I wouldn't think you would need two stoves. Basically what I'm trying to ask is there things that are absolutely necessary for both of us to have..? Or do you just have the benefit of being able to have another pack to share the load.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Its different for everyone. Obviously cookware and cooking stuff can be single items aside from plate, bowl etc. They make 2 person nesting sets.

Hygiene items can be shared like toothpaste mouthwash, baby wipes (I dont use tp).

I'd google camping checklists and go from there. Refine after your trip.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

There are no rules. Just use common sense and if you haven't backpacked before, plan like a 2 night trip with easy terrain in an area where you can bail out to civilization if you discover you've made any major errors. Try not to pack way too much stuff since a heavy pack makes life miserable while on the move. Weigh your pack ahead of time; if it's more than like 25-30 pounds for a short trip in good weather, then you're likely taking too much stuff.

No rules. When I backpack with my wife we each carry our own clothes, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and toiletries. I carry the food, the water filter, and the tent. She carries the cook kit, the FAK, and the toilet kit.

But if I were to backpack with someone I wasn't sharing a tent with, I think I'd pretty much pack everything I needed and expect the other person to do the same.

Then again, I sometimes work on a trail crew with a ranger who is also an EMT. I let him manage the FAK on those trips...

Each person packs their personal items, split the weight on shared items.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk