New guy from NJ

Vegan.Hiker

Hey guys,

I'm John from northern NJ, just a few minutes from the NY state border. I've been hiking for several years and would consider myself capable but by no means an expert. I'm here for advice and gather knowledge from those who are more experienced than myself.

My back yard for hiking is Harriman State Park, NY (about 15 min away). Other places close to me that I hike are the Shawangunk and Kittatinny Mountains (each an hour away) Catskills (about 2 hrs) and Adirondacks (4 hrs).

I'm heading to the White Mountains of New Hampshire next month with my wife to hike Franconia Ridge and do a few other day hikes. I also have a flight booked to Salt Lake City in September to do an extended weekend in Utah's Wasatch Mountains. That will be my first time hiking out West so I'm pretty stoked.

For the most part I'm a day hiker but it's been a dream of mine to one day thru-hike the AT. I'm 36, married, and employed full time so I'm at a loss for figuring out the logistics on that one. But I'd like to believe that the right opportunity will present itself one day.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk