Mistake Photos

Ugly

Life really is better Here
Usually the photos I take in error are of my feet, or video from my phone in my pocket (when I just missed recording what I actually wanted), -or all those ones out of focus or just plain crappy.

Once in a great while though, pushing the shutter at the wrong time works. I know many are smart enough to do this on purpose and get better results. But that is Definitely Not me.
The moon is involved here, so was adjusting my ballhead after accidentally pressing the shutter:
RCM07011-UT Lightning Tour 12-2021-211219-22.jpg

Anyone else have any mistake photos that actually turned out interesting? or maybe did not turn out at all.

Usually the photos I take in error are of my feet, or video from my phone in my pocket (when I just missed recording what I actually wanted), -or all those ones out of focus or just plain crappy.

Once in a great while though, pushing the shutter at the wrong time works. I know many are smart enough to do this on purpose and get better results. But that is Definitely Not me.
The moon is involved here, so was adjusting my ballhead after accidentally pressing the shutter:
View attachment 105683

Anyone else have any mistake photos that actually turned out interesting? or maybe did not turn out at all.

Super cool photo and it could provide you with a fortune, if displayed in a fancy art gallery in a big city :roflmao:

I ended up using the sharp take on the one below, but saved this one anyway as the unintended bit of motion blur seems to give it a chaotic feeling:
_1270114-copy-2.jpg
Being forgetful and not checking shutter speed actually worked in my favour here, by showing how being a bit dynamic was needed in Moonshine Wash:
P1040562 copy 2.jpg

I am not sure what is going on here, but I took this photo of this crazy bathroom in one of the steeples in the St Pierre Cathedral in Geneva. I took the photo through a little window in a locked room that was just big enough for the toilet. Never noticed the creepy hand until months later when it came up as my wallpaper on my computer. My wife and I were the only people in the empty room the bathroom was off of. Sorry for the sideways photo, not sure what is going on there.

PXL_20210914_105123844.jpg

Last edited: